Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Single Moms Single Moms

How long do you think it takes to get over someone

Posted by   + Show Post
After a relationship? Like a 1-2 year relationship.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Oct. 6, 2012 at 2:36 AM
Replies (11-20):
dragonfly.1982
by on Oct. 6, 2012 at 6:36 PM
1 mom liked this
I went through the entire grieving process we have been apart 19 months I HATE him, but I still love him so much. Not sure if Ill ever be completely over him :/
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
jamieharper08
by on Oct. 6, 2012 at 7:43 PM

I have always heard double the time you were together. I think some of it depends on circumstance though. Why did you guys break up?

Anastasia1414
by on Oct. 7, 2012 at 1:12 AM
I left him 15 mths ago after a mc. Our relationship fell apart. I havent had anything to do with him for 7 mths other than a couple of phone calls.

Quoting jamieharper08:

I have always heard double the time you were together. I think some of it depends on circumstance though. Why did you guys break up?

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anastasia1414
by on Oct. 7, 2012 at 1:15 AM
1 mom liked this
Argh! I hated him now I realise I still love him and it's been 15 mths! He didn't want our breakup but didn't do much to keep us together.

Quoting dragonfly.1982:

I went through the entire grieving process we have been apart 19 months I HATE him, but I still love him so much. Not sure if Ill ever be completely over him :/

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
heathermichelle
by on Oct. 7, 2012 at 1:49 AM

I don't really know. My husband and I have been separated since April of this year. I am still not over him. It's so hard for me letting go and I know I need to

Bluerivergirl
by on Oct. 7, 2012 at 7:04 AM

Im in the same place as most of the other repliers.  I was long over my ex-husband when I kicked him out.  But it's been 3 months since I just broke up with a man I was in love with and I'm just starting to feel centered again. 

charmgirl
by Member on Oct. 7, 2012 at 8:31 AM
Its been over a year and I am still feeling like I will never be over him.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Cenedra64
by Bronze Member on Oct. 7, 2012 at 8:42 AM
Very well said! Ive felt this way about two men. Wasted time! Prob is i remember things forever. The pain heals but memories are stuck with you for life. Its how you live your life that gets you past it.

Quoting ochoa.mama:

it takes about a yr to get over someone you truly care about...sometime less depending on you, sometimes more depending how hard it effected you. Its hard enough giving all your time to someone and then come to find out your no longer together....I feel like I wasted alot of time and years on the wrong person...now time is healing....just try not to use other ppl to make you feel better...bad combanation.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mhaney03
by on Oct. 7, 2012 at 8:45 AM
I'm still not completely over my first love but haven't seen him in over a decade. My ex husband that I have to deal with often... Every day he reminds me why I told him to get lost in the first place. So over him.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
charmgirl
by Member on Oct. 7, 2012 at 8:48 AM
I guess I have 1 year down, 5 more to go.

Quoting jamieharper08:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)