Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Single Moms Single Moms

How long do you think it takes to get over someone

Posted by   + Show Post
After a relationship? Like a 1-2 year relationship.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Oct. 6, 2012 at 2:36 AM
Replies (21-30):
dragonfly.1982
by on Oct. 7, 2012 at 11:07 AM
Me and my ex were having problems and I wanted him to care enough to try to make things better. He just wanted out :/ So I think more than anything thats why Im still attached I honestly felt like he was my soul mate? I dont know your special circumstances but do you think its worth trying to fix? Or does he not care now?

Quoting Anastasia1414:

Argh! I hated him now I realise I still love him and it's been 15 mths! He didn't want our breakup but didn't do much to keep us together.

Quoting dragonfly.1982:

I went through the entire grieving process we have been apart 19 months I HATE him, but I still love him so much. Not sure if Ill ever be completely over him :/

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
jamieharper08
by on Oct. 7, 2012 at 12:29 PM

Awwww :( That explains it all. With a parents that has had a daughter with cancer, it causes a lot of anger within the relationship, and usually has nothing to do with the relationship at all. You may just now be healing from the mc. Is he a good man? Is he single? If so, GO GET HIM BACK!!!

Quoting Anastasia1414:

I left him 15 mths ago after a mc. Our relationship fell apart. I havent had anything to do with him for 7 mths other than a couple of phone calls.

Quoting jamieharper08:

I have always heard double the time you were together. I think some of it depends on circumstance though. Why did you guys break up?

raegan1221
by Raegan on Oct. 7, 2012 at 12:30 PM
I think its different for everyone.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
jamieharper08
by on Oct. 7, 2012 at 12:34 PM

:( I'm sorry sweetie. Doesn't mean you can't have fun in the meantime though :) 

Quoting charmgirl:

I guess I have 1 year down, 5 more to go.

Quoting jamieharper08:

I have always heard double the time you were together. I think some of it depends on circumstance though. Why did you guys break up?

jamieharper08
by on Oct. 7, 2012 at 12:35 PM

It is very hard for me to let go also :( I can't imagine what you are going through. I'm sorry :(

Quoting heathermichelle:

I don't really know. My husband and I have been separated since April of this year. I am still not over him. It's so hard for me letting go and I know I need to

charmgirl
by Member on Oct. 7, 2012 at 2:32 PM
I've tried to. The way my head works is disgusting. Its like a whirlwind of him. Damn near every moment of every day my thoughts spin around in memories of him which turn into thoughts of what it would be like if he'd just come back. Its pretty embarassing that I'm still not ok.

Quoting jamieharper08:

Quoting charmgirl:

Quoting jamieharper08:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anastasia1414
by on Oct. 7, 2012 at 2:45 PM
I do think I am finally healing from it. He is a good guy. As for dating does sleeping with multiple women count? Because that's what he's doing. I spoke to him a couple of weeks ago and he asked if he could take me to dinner when he gets back (he's working in Argentina at the moment) but i don't think that means anything. He's not had anything to do with our DD for months.

Quoting jamieharper08:

Awwww :( That explains it all. With a parents that has had a daughter with cancer, it causes a lot of anger within the relationship, and usually has nothing to do with the relationship at all. You may just now be healing from the mc. Is he a good man? Is he single? If so, GO GET HIM BACK!!!

Quoting Anastasia1414:

I left him 15 mths ago after a mc. Our relationship fell apart. I havent had anything to do with him for 7 mths other than a couple of phone calls.

Quoting jamieharper08:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
brieri
by Platinum Member on Oct. 7, 2012 at 3:11 PM

Don't know.  Depends who it is, what the circumstances were/are,   No definite answer.

Rain2Rinse
by Member on Oct. 7, 2012 at 3:14 PM
It took me over 8 years to get over my first boyfriend, whatever the hell that means. I was married within those 8 years, but there was no chance of it lasting, as I was not over my first boyfriend.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
jamieharper08
by on Oct. 7, 2012 at 6:58 PM

No...don't be embarassed. It is very hard to lose someone you love. It has been a long time for me, but I remember waking up was the worst, I would hope I was dreaming. have you talked to anyone about it? Why did you guys break up?

Quoting charmgirl:

I've tried to. The way my head works is disgusting. Its like a whirlwind of him. Damn near every moment of every day my thoughts spin around in memories of him which turn into thoughts of what it would be like if he'd just come back. Its pretty embarassing that I'm still not ok.

Quoting jamieharper08:

Quoting charmgirl:

Quoting jamieharper08:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)