Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Single Moms Single Moms
Please don't get me wrong I love my daughter more than the world but I sit here at home watching Disney channel I think how would my life be different if I waited to have sex. Would I be in a 4 year college? Would I have more friends? Would I get to be a normal teenager? What would have been my relationship with my daughters dad? I don't know why I am thinking this because I love my daughter more then anything, I would rather have her then be out. Maybe it's because I am having a challenging time with all that's been going on. I don't like living back at home and getting no space and my daughter is still having a challenging time with being away from her father.

Wow I didn't think my post would be so popular.Please don't get me wrong I love my little girl with all my heart and the thoughts I have aren't going to change how much I love her. Another thing my daughter is 4 so I have been a mom for a while however I am new to the single mommy life.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Oct. 6, 2012 at 7:59 PM
Replies (31-40):
3kidz123
by Member on Oct. 8, 2012 at 1:43 AM

I think about that everyday now. I'm getting a divorce and I'm dead broke with way too many bills and 4 kids. I want to cry when I look at my children because I know they deserve more than I have to give!

erinmomofone
by on Oct. 8, 2012 at 1:54 AM
I know what you mean.

Quoting 3kidz123:

I think about that everyday now. I'm getting a divorce and I'm dead broke with way too many bills and 4 kids. I want to cry when I look at my children because I know they deserve more than I have to give!

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Delila12
by Bronze Member on Oct. 8, 2012 at 1:55 AM
I've been having "what ifs" lately too. But honestly, I'm glad he's here. It makes me feel like at least I have somebody. And luckily, everyone loves him.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Quantumnerd
by on Oct. 8, 2012 at 4:45 AM

It's never too late to go to college.  If you are living with your parents and they can watch your daughter and you have the money to go, then go!!!  It would help so much with your future and hers.  Also times aren't going to get any better.  You need to earn an income, especially thinking of your daughter's college education.  She will definately need schooling.  People don't understand our economy isn't going to get any better, jobs are going to be scarce, teach your daughter to do the things that you wish you would of done, kids will need it in the future.  You have to remember you won't be around someday and you have to plan for setting your daughter up for when your gone.  The same with your parents, also Social Security is suppose to run out in the year 2036 which is only 24 years from now.  Which means your daughter will have to live off the money she makes before she retires.  She will have to have a lot of money saved up before then.  Not to frighten you or anything, but single moms and moms with children who sit at home could be earning money.  By writing childrens books, or if your crafty starting an online business selling your crafts.  If you have to go to a community college take a few writing courses, (if you like writing) that can help you along.  Childrens books are relatively easier to write. And you can find a local artist to illustrate who might be struggling or just starting out.  Just make it short and too the point, using maybe a past experience that you and your daughter had together.  Then you could be self sufficient and you won't feel so down about your choices.  Things happen to us beyond our circumstances, making them work to our advantage is what life is about.  Good Luck

erinmomofone
by on Oct. 8, 2012 at 7:43 AM
1 mom liked this
I am going to college.online school right now for early education. I hope to go to community college classes next semester but with work and no place to put my daughter at night I don't know if it would all work out. I am benefiting myself and my daughter...so don't worry to much.

Quoting Quantumnerd:

It's never too late to go to college.  If you are living with your parents and they can watch your daughter and you have the money to go, then go!!!  It would help so much with your future and hers.  Also times aren't going to get any better.  You need to earn an income, especially thinking of your daughter's college education.  She will definately need schooling.  People don't understand our economy isn't going to get any better, jobs are going to be scarce, teach your daughter to do the things that you wish you would of done, kids will need it in the future.  You have to remember you won't be around someday and you have to plan for setting your daughter up for when your gone.  The same with your parents, also Social Security is suppose to run out in the year 2036 which is only 24 years from now.  Which means your daughter will have to live off the money she makes before she retires.  She will have to have a lot of money saved up before then.  Not to frighten you or anything, but single moms and moms with children who sit at home could be earning money.  By writing childrens books, or if your crafty starting an online business selling your crafts.  If you have to go to a community college take a few writing courses, (if you like writing) that can help you along.  Childrens books are relatively easier to write. And you can find a local artist to illustrate who might be struggling or just starting out.  Just make it short and too the point, using maybe a past experience that you and your daughter had together.  Then you could be self sufficient and you won't feel so down about your choices.  Things happen to us beyond our circumstances, making them work to our advantage is what life is about.  Good Luck

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
erinmomofone
by on Oct. 8, 2012 at 7:45 AM
I am glad to have my daughter too. Soon she'll be all grown up.

Quoting Delila12:

I've been having "what ifs" lately too. But honestly, I'm glad he's here. It makes me feel like at least I have somebody. And luckily, everyone loves him.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
samurai_chica
by on Oct. 8, 2012 at 8:06 AM

My life would suck ass if i kept my legs closed...

samurai_chica
by on Oct. 8, 2012 at 8:11 AM

OP, I will tell you one thing that is very important and very true & always remember it

Having a child is the most rewarding thing you can ever accomplish in life. You can do all kinds of cool shit, but when you die...it will be your children & family on your mind that will make you feel as if you had a wonderful, fulfilling life. It will be the life you created that will make you feel the happiest & fuzziest. It is the rearing of children that brings us more rewards than anything else in life ever could. You will never feel so proud, so loved & so accomplished. Having children gives life more meaning than anything else ever can. Always remember that.

"What ifs" are a negative way to think. Think forward, not backward.

jkampbyll
by on Oct. 8, 2012 at 8:15 AM

i would not have any regrets. when you meet that special guy who your married to now and you think to yourself i should of waited until i met you.. if only i would of known"no one else matters my dh is the best Ive ever had,just on physical attraction and chemistry alone., none of the other dudes mattered and looking back where just a waste of time, and i gave something of myself that they didn't appreciate so that was wasted as well.

erinmomofone
by on Oct. 8, 2012 at 8:16 AM
I know an my daughter is my life just because I have the what if momements doesn't mean that I would trade it.

Quoting samurai_chica:

OP, I will tell you one thing that is very important and very true & always remember it

Having a child is the most rewarding thing you can ever accomplish in life. You can do all kinds of cool shit, but when you die...it will be your children & family on your mind that will make you feel as if you had a wonderful, fulfilling life. It will be the life you created that will make you feel the happiest & fuzziest. It is the rearing of children that brings us more rewards than anything else in life ever could. You will never feel so proud, so loved & so accomplished. Having children gives life more meaning than anything else ever can. Always remember that.

"What ifs" are a negative way to think. Think forward, not backward.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)