Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Single Moms Single Moms
Please don't get me wrong I love my daughter more than the world but I sit here at home watching Disney channel I think how would my life be different if I waited to have sex. Would I be in a 4 year college? Would I have more friends? Would I get to be a normal teenager? What would have been my relationship with my daughters dad? I don't know why I am thinking this because I love my daughter more then anything, I would rather have her then be out. Maybe it's because I am having a challenging time with all that's been going on. I don't like living back at home and getting no space and my daughter is still having a challenging time with being away from her father.

Wow I didn't think my post would be so popular.Please don't get me wrong I love my little girl with all my heart and the thoughts I have aren't going to change how much I love her. Another thing my daughter is 4 so I have been a mom for a while however I am new to the single mommy life.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Oct. 6, 2012 at 7:59 PM
Replies (51-60):
illinoismommy83
by on Oct. 8, 2012 at 8:51 AM

You can still go to school. I'm 29, a mom of 2, and I go to the University of Illinois. That isn't just a 4 year school, that is a GOOD school. 

Let your baby get a little older and on a more stable schedule. Take advantage of the doors that have opened for you. Start your school career online, but at a state school. Go to community college online. (Don't get scammed into a university of online only overpriced crap) 

It doesn't matter what your highschool GPA was. Get a 3.0 in community college and you can transfer to some state college, even if its not a top college, and finish your degree. Most everywhere offers the useless early childhood education degree so its quite likely you will find on-campus childcare even at smaller schools.

Your baby OPENED doors for you. Yes, you can't have the "so drunk I don't know how I got this degree" experience, but you can attend college (online, nights, weekends) while working and make a great life for you and baby.

SarahsAMommy
by on Oct. 8, 2012 at 8:53 AM

I think everyone has these feelings. I have wondered some of these things too. I wasn't as young as you but I was pregnant at 21 so didn't really get to do the "party out" phase. But I love my kids. And like you, I wouldn't trade them for anything.

Threes.Company
by on Oct. 8, 2012 at 8:54 AM
1 mom liked this

I think about the "what ifs", too...  What if we waited until we were older... What if we only had one child...  What if we only had two children...  What if we did go ahead and have four...?

I think it's normal to consider these things, and I do not think it means you don't love your children.  I love my children with all my heart.  I would never wish them away!  When I am sitting around thinking about life, sometimes I just wonder about the other directions things could have gone.

erinmomofone
by on Oct. 8, 2012 at 8:55 AM
I have already started on online school....I hope to go to community college classes in the spring but that may be a challenge.

Quoting illinoismommy83:

You can still go to school. I'm 29, a mom of 2, and I go to the University of Illinois. That isn't just a 4 year school, that is a GOOD school. 

Let your baby get a little older and on a more stable schedule. Take advantage of the doors that have opened for you. Start your school career online, but at a state school. Go to community college online. (Don't get scammed into a university of online only overpriced crap) 

It doesn't matter what your highschool GPA was. Get a 3.0 in community college and you can transfer to some state college, even if its not a top college, and finish your degree. Most everywhere offers the useless early childhood education degree so its quite likely you will find on-campus childcare even at smaller schools.

Your baby OPENED doors for you. Yes, you can't have the "so drunk I don't know how I got this degree" experience, but you can attend college (online, nights, weekends) while working and make a great life for you and baby.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
illinoismommy83
by on Oct. 8, 2012 at 8:57 AM

Go to online community college classes. Then you can make local friends and CC is SO much cheaper. Employers look much more favorably upon local schools that they have heard of compared to like, Univ of Phoenix type places.

Quoting erinmomofone:

I have already started on online school....I hope to go to community college classes in the spring but that may be a challenge.

Quoting illinoismommy83:

erinmomofone
by on Oct. 8, 2012 at 8:57 AM
I always look at my daughter and when she tells me that she loves me I know I was meant to be her mommy.

Quoting mommynmarch2010:

we all have "what if" moments, but that's when you have to stop, look around, and truly count your blessings. life will work out, make a plan and stick to it, you will do great! praying for you! hugs

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
WildatHeart918
by on Oct. 8, 2012 at 8:58 AM
1 mom liked this

I was never a partier, in fact I was what many would consider a late bloomer. I got pregnant my first time at 21 and have some of the same thoughts as you. This does not reduce our love for our children in any way. I got so many things out of it that I can't imagine going back (I am now married 5 years) but still I wonder what would my life have been like if things had gone differently, if I had the oppurtunity to finish college and explore myself as a person more before becoming a mother and a wife. In the end though I know that this is the way things were meant to be, I have a beautiful 6 year old little girl and now another on the way. Looking back doesn't make us bad mothers, it just makes us human.

erinmomofone
by on Oct. 8, 2012 at 8:58 AM
I am I just don't like doing online classes I rather be in a classroom.

Quoting illinoismommy83:

Go to online community college classes. Then you can make local friends and CC is SO much cheaper. Employers look much more favorably upon local schools that they have heard of compared to like, Univ of Phoenix type places.

Quoting erinmomofone:

Quoting illinoismommy83:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
MommyMays
by on Oct. 8, 2012 at 9:09 AM

*Hugs, Momma* I am a teen mom, or was. I am 20 now, and my DD is 4. It can be hard. I am sure everybody has those thoughts of, "How would things be..." No matter what their age is when they have kids. Just continue to keep trying to go further for you and your daughter. 

erinmomofone
by on Oct. 8, 2012 at 9:13 AM
1 mom liked this
I am 19 and have a 4 year old as well. I am trying to get were I want to be.

Quoting MommyMays:

*Hugs, Momma* I am a teen mom, or was. I am 20 now, and my DD is 4. It can be hard. I am sure everybody has those thoughts of, "How would things be..." No matter what their age is when they have kids. Just continue to keep trying to go further for you and your daughter. 

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN