Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

im proud to be a single mommy

Posted by on Oct. 6, 2012 at 8:56 PM
  • 30 Replies

i still get along with my ex and i have full custody but i love love love doing it bymyself does anyone else feel the same way?

CafeMom TickersCafeMom Tickers
by on Oct. 6, 2012 at 8:56 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
mommaJewels2011
by Bronze Member on Oct. 7, 2012 at 12:20 AM
Amen!! Minus the father being in the picture. I'm very proud to be strong enough not to whine, but take care of everything on my own. I love it!
meranda20
by Member on Oct. 7, 2012 at 12:29 AM

I have two girls an neither of their fathers are in their lives but I try not to let it get to me. I can't say that I love love love being a single mom but I can say that I would like to be okay raising my kids by myself an not feel stressed. You both are strong women an I'm glad you posted this because it helps me to remember that I'm not alone an I can do this.

lissetteP
by Silver Member on Oct. 7, 2012 at 2:52 AM
3 moms liked this
how are you doing all by yourself wen your bds around??
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
rae021
by on Oct. 7, 2012 at 9:18 AM
I get cs. But physically I do it alone 24/7. He's not involved. I don't love being a single mom, but I love my dd and life we have created.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
LifeCafe42
by Nora on Oct. 7, 2012 at 9:29 AM
I do!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
ladybugmom2010
by Joy on Oct. 7, 2012 at 9:36 AM
I was just saying it yesterday. I love it being just the two of us.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
alkbco
by on Oct. 7, 2012 at 11:05 AM
Id like to say yes but I don't I wish they had a daddy and I wish I had someone to help me when I'm sick and tired. But then when they wake up and smile at me or run to the door saying I missed u mommy when I get home from work or just so many little things I love it I really do they are my world.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mysonsmom99
by on Oct. 7, 2012 at 11:08 AM
I do but I don't get along with my ex.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
PaperClip811
by Silver Member on Oct. 7, 2012 at 11:22 AM
1 mom liked this

When DS was a baby it wasnt nearly as big of a deal. Once he got a little older was when I felt resentful (that BD wasnt around much) cause when the day came to a head I couldnt get 2 minutes of peace because I was the ony one there, doing it all. At the same time, sharing the reins was a HUGE adjustment when things got serious with my now DH... I had a really hard time with it. 

Single parenting has it's perks, but I'll take dual parenting with a good man over being single :o)

PaperClip811
by Silver Member on Oct. 7, 2012 at 11:27 AM

It's not a competition. Just because he comes around, unless he's there day in and day out, she's she's still basically doing it all. A couple hours a week of 'being there' doesnt negate her efforts the 168 hours there are in a week. 

Are you not doing it all if you use daycare? Are you not doing it all if you live with your mom? 

Quoting lissetteP:

how are you doing all by yourself wen your bds around??

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)