Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Single Moms Single Moms

im proud to be a single mommy

Posted by   + Show Post

i still get along with my ex and i have full custody but i love love love doing it bymyself does anyone else feel the same way?

CafeMom TickersCafeMom Tickers
by on Oct. 6, 2012 at 8:56 PM
Replies (21-30):
PaperClip811
by on Oct. 7, 2012 at 2:33 PM

SO daycare assistance = not doing alone? LOL whatever. not the post for this :o) 

SORRY OP!

Quoting lissetteP:

And yes, its considered doing it alone when the mom is the only one worried about coming up with the to pay for daycare or a sitter

Quoting PaperClip811:

Yeah I guess it just boils down to symmantics. What is 'doing it alone'? I still considered it basically raising my son alone when his Dad only saw him one day a month.. yes he was paying CS, but he wasnt DOING anything.. you know? No one was ever there to discpline him, or bathe him, or help him clean up, or read him a story, or get him through his night terrors etc.. etc.. There was a lot of joy in doing it 'alone' but there were a lot of times I wish I had some real support. But I know there are people that have done it even more 'alone' than me. That's why it came off competitive, to me. 

Quoting kayshalea:

I was wondering the same thing she was. I guess it just depends on how you look at it.

Quoting PaperClip811:

you asked her how she could be doing it all with her BD around.. Im asking if you consider it not doing it all if you use daycare, or live with your parents. No arguement,  just curiosity & clarification. The question comes off like she's not 'single mom enough' because she said her and the BD 'get along'

Quoting lissetteP:

Who's said it was a competition? OK sure I'm not even gona argue with you, I'm not in the mood this morning...

Quoting PaperClip811:

It's not a competition. Just because he comes around, unless he's there day in and day out, she's she's still basically doing it all. A couple hours a week of 'being there' doesnt negate her efforts the 168 hours there are in a week. 

Are you not doing it all if you use daycare? Are you not doing it all if you live with your mom? 

Quoting lissetteP:

how are you doing all by yourself wen your bds around??

Robsessed98
by on Oct. 8, 2012 at 4:55 AM
I felt that way for years until i met dh. Now Im proud being a married parent.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Shaybay218
by on Oct. 8, 2012 at 5:00 AM

I do it with the help of my mom since she keeps them while I work at night but I have to say I wish their dad was more active...

calebsmommy13
by on Oct. 16, 2012 at 8:10 PM

as of right now im the only one providing anything for my son his dad still sees him and calls him but im on my own!!!!!!!!!

Quoting lissetteP:

calebsmommy13
by on Oct. 16, 2012 at 8:22 PM

he doesnt do anything actually except see him he cant even change his diapers

Quoting lissetteP:

I never said she wasn't a single mom but I was wonderin, how is she doing it alone when she has another parent taking responsibility for the same child she is...kwim?

Quoting PaperClip811:

you asked her how she could be doing it all with her BD around.. Im asking if you consider it not doing it all if you use daycare, or live with your parents. No arguement,  just curiosity & clarification. The question comes off like she's not 'single mom enough' because she said her and the BD 'get along'

Quoting lissetteP:

Who's said it was a competition? OK sure I'm not even gona argue with you, I'm not in the mood this morning...

Quoting PaperClip811:

It's not a competition. Just because he comes around, unless he's there day in and day out, she's she's still basically doing it all. A couple hours a week of 'being there' doesnt negate her efforts the 168 hours there are in a week. 

Are you not doing it all if you use daycare? Are you not doing it all if you live with your mom? 

Quoting lissetteP:

michiganmom5150
by on Oct. 16, 2012 at 8:32 PM
So if you get any cs or are on any kind of PA, are you not doing it alone? I would beg to differ.

Quoting calebsmommy13:

he doesnt do anything actually except see him he cant even change his diapers

Quoting lissetteP:

I never said she wasn't a single mom but I was wonderin, how is she doing it alone when she has another parent taking responsibility for the same child she is...kwim?

Quoting PaperClip811:

Quoting lissetteP:

Quoting PaperClip811:

Quoting lissetteP:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
singletiredmom
by on Oct. 16, 2012 at 8:34 PM
I've been a single mom for 17 years. I'm proud of how far I've come and the life I've provided my kids. However, I do get lonely and wish I had a dh to help pay bills, talk to after a long hard day and curl up with when I crawl into bed at night.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
calebsmommy13
by on Oct. 16, 2012 at 8:36 PM

okay i dont get child support i do get assistance but it hardly covers what he needs i donate plasma 2 times a week to help he hasnt done anything for my son everything he has ive gotten for him and i have to go to the welfare offie and clean in order to get the assistance i want a job and as soon as i have one im done with it!

Lisse_2006
by on Oct. 16, 2012 at 9:21 PM

I like doing it on my own to a degree. Honestly I would rather be a relationship where there was two us taking car of my son and do family things. Yes, even just going to Target to window shop. I am simple like that. Oh well maybe someday!

Jenn8604
by Gold Member on Oct. 16, 2012 at 9:24 PM
My favorite part is hayden is 100% MINE!!! I NEVER HAVE TO SHARE W THE DOUCHE EVER!!!!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN