Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Single Moms Single Moms

Dont tolerate it ladies

Posted by   + Show Post
I made a big mistake of letting love blind me to how serious a man's issues were. I got pulled back and forth in and out of a relationship. Games played and used. Now i feel like i fit the old saying 'theres no fool like an old fool', if a guy is mistreating you...end it. Its less heartache in the long run. I shouldve ended things long ago instead of hoping things would change. Men dont change for better when they change for the worst. He'll never make you happy...in fact dont care about your happiness.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Oct. 7, 2012 at 8:56 AM
Replies (11-20):
ayacocca
by Bronze Member on Oct. 7, 2012 at 5:14 PM
1 mom liked this
In the words of 2 chainz: true... Currently learning this for myself...exact situation. But we live and learn chica :/
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Hope99
by New Member on Oct. 7, 2012 at 5:27 PM
1 mom liked this
I agree, I'm trying to move on also, glad to hear I'm not alone
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Dionna77
by on Oct. 7, 2012 at 6:32 PM

So true, dealing with the moving on part right now myself.

MeeshMom
by Platinum Member on Oct. 7, 2012 at 7:05 PM
True. Been there done that. It's easier for me to dump a guy now.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mhaney03
by on Oct. 7, 2012 at 7:43 PM
1 mom liked this

Amen and AMEN.  I put up with soooo much emotional abuse from my ex husband, making excuses for him.  Yes he has PTSD and TBI but the fact that he never sought treatment until AFTER I left speaks volumes.

Robsessed98
by on Oct. 8, 2012 at 4:23 AM
Gotta play the devils advocate here. While yes, the majority of men that mistreat women dont normally change much, there definitely ARE reformed bad boys out there that have realized along the way what jerks they've been and how bad they've treated women and turned their lives around. I personally know several that have treated all of their women like dog shit on their shoe, including being emotionally, verbally and even physically abusive. Then each one of them met special ladies that refused to be treated badly and each one of them are now completely transformed into awesome men, husbands and children... All because they met and fell in love with the one woman who refused to settle for less than being treated as they deserved. Btw, my dh is one of those men. So dont give up hope. I swear there are some great men still out there.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Shaybay218
by on Oct. 8, 2012 at 4:50 AM

Oh honey don't I know...but i've been in a better place for awhile now im officially healed

Quantumnerd
by on Oct. 8, 2012 at 4:59 AM

Yeah your right, and if you end it when your older then good luck trying to find some nice guy at an older age.   Men can find anyone because as they age it doesn't matter.  But most men want younger girls. Sorry I hope this didn't depress you further.  But it is true, if you hate your life and are miserable in your relationship, don't get married, it won't change.  If you worry about your kids it will be better for them in the long run, because kids really suffer in a loveless home.  They can be unstable and also get into abusive relationships.  Good Luck I hope you bounce back from this.  Oh yeah one more thing, date someone for at least 3 years before making any commitments you will have time to truly get to know someone and find out if your compatible on all levels.  And put off sex for a long period.  People have sex right away and most don't know that during sex our brains make a chemical called oxytocin.  It makes you think your in love with someone, and most people react to this and then years down the road you realize (and they to) that you actually don't love the person.

Cenedra64
by on Oct. 8, 2012 at 7:40 AM
1 mom liked this
I didnt take any offense coz youre right. I was with this guy almost 3 yrs. Didnt have sex for 6 months when we met. What changed him was family pressure...drugs and drinking.

Quoting Quantumnerd:

Yeah your right, and if you end it when your older then good luck trying to find some nice guy at an older age.   Men can find anyone because as they age it doesn't matter.  But most men want younger girls. Sorry I hope this didn't depress you further.  But it is true, if you hate your life and are miserable in your relationship, don't get married, it won't change.  If you worry about your kids it will be better for them in the long run, because kids really suffer in a loveless home.  They can be unstable and also get into abusive relationships.  Good Luck I hope you bounce back from this.  Oh yeah one more thing, date someone for at least 3 years before making any commitments you will have time to truly get to know someone and find out if your compatible on all levels.  And put off sex for a long period.  People have sex right away and most don't know that during sex our brains make a chemical called oxytocin.  It makes you think your in love with someone, and most people react to this and then years down the road you realize (and they to) that you actually don't love the person.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
easinpc
by Gold Member on Oct. 8, 2012 at 10:10 AM

Very true!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN