Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Single Moms Single Moms

I refuse to settle!

Posted by on Oct. 7, 2012 at 11:08 PM
  • 15 Replies
I have been on 5 dates since my separation and my best friend had told me that I need to stop having high expectations because i'm asking to much for my potential partner. I refuse to settle I know what I want and I refuse to waste my time and my dates time if I don't feel they have potential. What do you look for in a potential partner? For me I am looking for that instant connection that guy that can make me laugh someone honest reliable who enjoys going out and having a good time. Who doesn't mind watching an occasional chick flick a guy with a sensitive side. The day I saw my son to be ex husband I had gotten butterflies every time he looked at me. I want that again but i'm willing to wait for it to
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Oct. 7, 2012 at 11:08 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
kristiansmommy1
by Bronze Member on Oct. 7, 2012 at 11:11 PM
1 mom liked this
You shouldn't settle, in the end you'd never be happy, your friend should support that. Aww I want butterflies!! Idek the last time I had those. I deff need someone that's funny and can take my sense of humor
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mytrueloveS
by Lori on Oct. 7, 2012 at 11:24 PM
1 mom liked this

Don't settle, but also realize that the man you want might not be all of the above.   Personally, I just want a responsible man.

queensweet
by on Oct. 8, 2012 at 12:07 AM
1 mom liked this
I dont believe in settling but I do believe in comprise. I need a man that is attractive inside and out, who can make love to my body as well as my mind, articulate, sensitive to my needs, patience, funloving and fears God, just to name more than a few. I can comprise on looks (he can be average if not above it), education level (prefer college educated but will consider hs or ged) and background (doesnt need to come from a good family but he has to be a good man & good to me), just to name a few. I hope you get what you need in a man & so much more. I find it is best to let God do the looking because he will pick the right one.
KerryK
by on Oct. 8, 2012 at 12:10 AM
1 mom liked this
Mmmmm, I realized too late my butterflies were actually an early warning system.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
michiganmom5150
by on Oct. 8, 2012 at 12:25 AM
1 mom liked this
Someone who is honest and trustworthy. Who treats me like a lady and eventually when he meets them, treats my kids well. They have to make me smile and laugh, and get my weird sense of humor. My new bf does all that, but then, still new.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Robsessed98
by on Oct. 8, 2012 at 2:35 AM
Your friend is wrong. You are doing it the right way and I admire you for it. Hold out for someone that meets at least most of your list of requirements, then kick up your heels and have a blast. Never settle... Not even for one night of fun and pleasure with anyone whos not good enough for you.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
easinpc
by Gold Member on Oct. 8, 2012 at 5:13 PM

I agree with this!

Quoting Robsessed98:

Your friend is wrong. You are doing it the right way and I admire you for it. Hold out for someone that meets at least most of your list of requirements, then kick up your heels and have a blast. Never settle... Not even for one night of fun and pleasure with anyone whos not good enough for you.

victoriahearts
by on Oct. 8, 2012 at 5:19 PM

You shouldn't settle , you have to be happy and if it takes some time then it does. I personally date very little because I'm just not over my ex so it's hard to let someone else be "Mr. Right" for me. But you have so you deserve to find Mr. Right for you. 

SWells041585
by on Oct. 8, 2012 at 6:17 PM

I look for honesty, integrity, a good sense of humor, a STRONG spiritual relationship and an OUTSTANDING familial bond (among many other things that take time to discover lol) as far as an instant connection, I need a good sense of humor, a half-way decent style of dress, the art of conversation and genuineMANNERS (you'd be appalled at what an exception they're becoming)! I'm too good a person and MUCH too good a woman/SO to settle PERIOD. You're worth it momma!

Zacknalexmom
by on Oct. 8, 2012 at 6:23 PM
Exactly what she said. I've been divorced 6 years and have not found a good man yet. I havn't been on a date in a year. I quit looking. All I want is a responsible man.

Quoting mytrueloveS:

Don't settle, but also realize that the man you want might not be all of the above.   Personally, I just want a responsible man.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)