Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Single Moms Single Moms

do u go to church??(piag)

Posted by on Oct. 8, 2012 at 12:31 AM
  • 3 Replies
do u go to church?? do u thank it is important to go as often as u can ?? do u thank u can be a good Christin ( what ever ur region) wth out going to church services?? how import is it that u find a church u like and feel comfortable in ?? reason i ask is i had some drama at my church i have been going to off and on for 15 /16 years .. i,m ready to find another that i can get involved wth..mine is real big ..i thank to big..i,m going to send my church a email telling them what all happen and how i ,m feeling.. it was a lot of bs drama..its like half the ppl working Thar have "i,m important attitude "..the other half don't go buy the same rules.. church should not be a place for attitudes .( like Thar better than u ) ... church should feel like home .. thy should not act like Thar better than others ..we all are children of god .. no drama no bashing....
by on Oct. 8, 2012 at 12:31 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-3):
Robsessed98
by on Oct. 8, 2012 at 2:30 AM
IMO you can be a Christian and worship either alone or with a group. Doesnt matter where you are or who youre with, you can worship anywhere at anytime. When we were growing up, from day 1 till I was 17, our parents forced us to go to church every single time the doors opened. I always resented not being allowed to miss even occasionally for any reason other than obvious illness. By the time I turned 17, I had been rebelling for years against my parents and authority in general in every way I could (sooo regret that now coz in retrospect I had amazing parents who never deserved the shit I put them through) and I completely quit going to church. Throughout my adult life I have gone now and then (more so when the kids were little) but have never gotten back in the good habit of going regularly. I know I should go, but like I said, I live a Christian lifestyle and I worship and pray on my own timeand in my own way whenever and wherever I feel the need.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
devynsmommy09
by on Oct. 8, 2012 at 12:10 PM

I just started going to church.  I love the diversity, the positive energy and the sense of community that I get there.  I feel accepted and I get to talk to people over the age of 3 which is nice.

I do have a couple issues with it...our Pastor isn't very strong.  He doesn't have any formal religious education but was called to the lord many years ago and has been preaching ever since.  He does a great job of offering any programs that we can think up, but I don't feel that I really get anything from service.  Another issue I have with it is that the congregation doesn't get much say in what kinds of things we do for the community.  We sold Tshirts recently for a series we were doing on bringing the community together and our pastor decided (with the help of other pastors) to cater lunch at the Church to city employees with the proceeds from the shirts.  I think it is a great idea but I do think we should have had a say in it.  It seems like helping a community that actually needed it would have been a better use of the money that we raised.  Lastly, I'm not going to rant about it but I find that my NUMBER ONE problem with churches is the varying opinions about the involvement and significance of women in the church. 

Overall, I agree with Robsessed98.  You don't have to go to church to be a Christian.  I think most people who do go to church go because of tradition, not because it has any real value to them.    

michiganmom5150
by on Oct. 8, 2012 at 1:09 PM
I'm very involved in my church, but think I am leaving at the end of the year. Been there 10+ years. Lots of drama and they have lost most of the kids so very little to offer my kids.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN