Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Single Moms Single Moms

What are you gonna do !!!

Posted by on Oct. 8, 2012 at 1:09 AM
  • 8 Replies
So there this guy I talk to, we have been talking for almost a year. I mean yea just as friends but now it's like we talk as if we go together.

He always askes if I need anything, or if my dd needs anything, he takes me to my appointments , to school picks me up from where ever I am, he just does everything right.

Like he will say goodmorning ask how's "our princess" they way he says it ( even though he isn't the father) he calls me babe , baby , sweetie all those things you would call your SO.

So what I'm confused about is if we are a couple, well I know we're not cause when I tell him I'm out with a guy , he will say he's jealous but then ill say well were by together, then he says yea your right :(

Like he gets jealous if I'm with someone else, treats me like I'm his gf, but still won't ask me out. I don't know I'm trying not to put to much thought into it .
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Oct. 8, 2012 at 1:09 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-8):
Robsessed98
by on Oct. 8, 2012 at 1:32 AM
Pretty obvious that to him you are much more than friends. Are you interested in a relationship with him? Either way, its time to sit down and talk and set the boundaries.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Lynnster327
by Member on Oct. 8, 2012 at 1:05 PM
Yea I talked To him today but then again it's like I don't wanna make it seem like I'm pressuring him to be with me. Like we act, talk and go out as if we were a couple. But then it's like when were around my friends or family he hesistates to like kiss me , isn't shy around them but just like when we say goodbye.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
faerie75
by Ruby Member on Oct. 8, 2012 at 2:32 PM

hes not going to commit. if you are ok with it cool if not cut it off.

Lynnster327
by Member on Oct. 8, 2012 at 4:17 PM
Yea looks like in gonna have to

Quoting faerie75:

hes not going to commit. if you are ok with it cool if not cut it off.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
brieri
by Platinum Member on Oct. 8, 2012 at 11:07 PM
1 mom liked this

The best thing to do is don't tell him your seeing someone else.   If he wants to take you out or to your appts, etc, that's fine let him.  Just don't tell him your seeing anyone else..  He doesn't own you, your not married, and you don't have to be committed to anyone either..

LifeCafe42
by Nora on Oct. 8, 2012 at 11:56 PM

I had a guy like that he would say we were the family he always wanted then found a skinny 21 year old and disapeared. 

Lynnster327
by Member on Oct. 10, 2012 at 12:10 AM
WOOOOWW smh that's what I'm afraid of, even though he has a daughter of his own he's still single. So he can treat all good now but I'm not trying to fall to hard for it... I've learned my lesson sorry for your experience tho

Quoting LifeCafe42:

I had a guy like that he would say we were the family he always wanted then found a skinny 21 year old and disapeared. 

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
steviechick
by Gold Member on Oct. 10, 2012 at 11:17 AM
1 mom liked this

Sounds like the guy won't commit to a real relationship.  I'd sit down and talk to him about his interest in you and your child.  He seems like a nice guy, but it's not always a good idea to have a male friend say things like this to you and do things for you without having more of a commitment from him.  He seems rather odd to me, too.  

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)