Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Single Moms Single Moms

ds and bd meeting for the first time....

Posted by on Oct. 8, 2012 at 1:52 AM
  • 24 Replies
So, I am staying with my grandmother for a couple of weeks until things at home get situated. Unfortunately, ds's dad lives in the same area as my grandmother. I have been here for a few days, and ds's dad has been trying to see him.

The problem is, I don't have my car down here, and ds's dad doesn't want to have to meet my family. Quite frankly, I'd prefer he didn't either. My plan was to meet up with bd tomorrow, have him come pick me and DS up and just spend the day with him. That'll give DS a chance to meet and feel comfortable with him. My grandmother thinks it is rude, and unsafe for DS and I to just up and leave with him since she doesn't know him. She wants me to force bd to come in and say hi. Bd wants me to just pack the both of us up and go with him. Tbh, I just want both of them to leave me and DS alone.

My question....wwyd?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Oct. 8, 2012 at 1:52 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
mrsary
by Silver Member on Oct. 8, 2012 at 1:59 AM
I wouldn't go anywhere with my ex cause he is violent.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Delila12
by Bronze Member on Oct. 8, 2012 at 2:07 AM
Mine isn't violent. Just irritating.

Quoting mrsary:

I wouldn't go anywhere with my ex cause he is violent.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mz23
by Bronze Member on Oct. 8, 2012 at 2:08 AM
Can you borrow your grandmas car. I would hate for my bd to pick me and my dd up and I couldn't leave as I pleased but he's a jerk so maybe not an issue for you but if it is maybe meet up at a nearby location you can walk to like a park. Also why cantt he meet your grandma. It's kinda rude to come pick you guys up and not say anything to her. But do what you feel most comfortable with. Good luck!
Robsessed98
by on Oct. 8, 2012 at 2:09 AM
Perfectly understandable. I know you dont have a car, but I think it would be better to meet him in a neutral place, like a park, and visit there. That way if something were to go wrong, you could leave on your own. Do you have public transport or maybe cab fare? Hope it all goes great.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Delila12
by Bronze Member on Oct. 8, 2012 at 2:12 AM
See. I know its rude. He's rude, which is the main reason why I'd rather they didn't meet. But I like the other ideas. I actually thought if just walking to the park. And I would borrow her car except I know she wont let me.

Quoting mz23:

Can you borrow your grandmas car. I would hate for my bd to pick me and my dd up and I couldn't leave as I pleased but he's a jerk so maybe not an issue for you but if it is maybe meet up at a nearby location you can walk to like a park. Also why cantt he meet your grandma. It's kinda rude to come pick you guys up and not say anything to her. But do what you feel most comfortable with. Good luck!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Delila12
by Bronze Member on Oct. 8, 2012 at 2:16 AM
Thanks. Me too. I never thought of a cab. But yeah. The only problem is that meeting at a park here is like meeting in a dark alley.

Quoting Robsessed98:

Perfectly understandable. I know you dont have a car, but I think it would be better to meet him in a neutral place, like a park, and visit there. That way if something were to go wrong, you could leave on your own. Do you have public transport or maybe cab fare? Hope it all goes great.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mz23
by Bronze Member on Oct. 8, 2012 at 2:27 AM
Quoting Delila12:

Iid just make sure wherever we meet I can leave as I pleased. I hate being stuck somewhere. Did you tell your grndma he is rude? If she still wanted tomeet him id let her. I don't know your bd but if he has any sense I don't think hell be rude t o someones grndma. But I can def see how you would want to avoid that sense he tends to be a rude person.
Delila12
by Bronze Member on Oct. 8, 2012 at 2:33 AM
I would hope he wouldn't be rude to my grandmother, because I wouldn't want to have to fight him. I'm still trying to figure out why he wont just suck it up and deal. I've met his family before, and as much as I hated it, he still brought me back over there time and time again.

Quoting mz23:

Quoting Delila12:

Iid just make sure wherever we meet I can leave as I pleased. I hate being stuck somewhere. Did you tell your grndma he is rude? If she still wanted tomeet him id let her. I don't know your bd but if he has any sense I don't think hell be rude t o someones grndma. But I can def see how you would want to avoid that sense he tends to be a rude person.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Shy_Dia
by Silver Member on Oct. 8, 2012 at 2:47 AM
1 mom liked this

grandma doesnt have to meet anyone. its not like this is a boy, coming to pick up a girl for a date and the parents want to meet the boy. its a father meeting his son. obviously, a relationship has already been formed and ended- without grandmother around.

if you trust him, meet with him. i like the idea of having an escape though- driving your own car, or being able to walk back home.. but if you cant trust him (if he wont take you back home, or will run you over while walking back home)- i wouldnt go anywhere near him. lol

Delila12
by Bronze Member on Oct. 8, 2012 at 10:21 AM
Exactly! She's really just being nosey. She can't stand the fact that she doesn't know where DS gets his other half. I'm not worried about him doing anything to hurt either of us. I know he'll get on my nerves though.

Quoting Shy_Dia:

grandma doesnt have to meet anyone. its not like this is a boy, coming to pick up a girl for a date and the parents want to meet the boy. its a father meeting his son. obviously, a relationship has already been formed and ended- without grandmother around.

if you trust him, meet with him. i like the idea of having an escape though- driving your own car, or being able to walk back home.. but if you cant trust him (if he wont take you back home, or will run you over while walking back home)- i wouldnt go anywhere near him. lol

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN