Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Single Moms Single Moms

trying to be strong ): help advice..

Posted by on Oct. 8, 2012 at 3:08 PM
  • 10 Replies

I just gave birth to a beautiful baby girl named gabriella. She is so precious and i wouldnt trade the world for her. Im currently a single young mom and was in a really bad abusive relationship.. I was 17 and thought i was in love and it really just made me become so depressed then i found out i was pregnant and he said he was going to change and all this stuff but he just became so violent.. thankfully i finally moved out of the state and moved to florida.. but now i found out hes looking for me and theres already a no contact rule.. but hes came knocking on my window at my parents house. Im scared and he doesnt want nothing to do with his daughter just me.. and he has a huge drinking problem. Plus he has bad trama from the army.  I want to move on and be the best mother i can be for my little girl. but im scared if i just ignore him and dont tell him ill still be there hes gonna do something stupid ): What should i do.. 

by on Oct. 8, 2012 at 3:08 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
devynsmommy09
by on Oct. 8, 2012 at 3:12 PM

Do you have a restraining/protective order?  I would go get one immediately.  If he comes around again, have his butt locked up.  He has no right to terrorize you and you have every right to protect yourself and your little girl.

alexisngabby
by on Oct. 8, 2012 at 3:16 PM

Yes he does for 1 year...beause he admitted to drinking and hitting..but im scared if i put him in jail, it will just get even worse..

steviechick
by Gold Member on Oct. 8, 2012 at 3:21 PM
1 mom liked this

Don't be afraid of putting him behind bars.  You don't want to constantly look over your shoulder when your daughter is with you and you don't know what your ex will do at any given point.  Lock his butt up again if he continues to threaten you after he's been incarcerated.  The life and health of you and of your baby is more important than being scared. 

easinpc
by Gold Member on Oct. 8, 2012 at 3:21 PM
1 mom liked this

If he comes by again call the police.  If you do not enforce the order he will think that you don't really care and will continue.  I can however understand your fear that it will make him angry, but to protect you and your child you may have to take that chance.  Hugs and stay safe!!

amonkeymom
by Gold Member on Oct. 8, 2012 at 4:00 PM

I agree.  Your child is more important and you both need to be safe.  If he is violating the restraining order then you do need to call the police and have him arrested.

Quoting steviechick:

Don't be afraid of putting him behind bars.  You don't want to constantly look over your shoulder when your daughter is with you and you don't know what your ex will do at any given point.  Lock his butt up again if he continues to threaten you after he's been incarcerated.  The life and health of you and of your baby is more important than being scared. 

GLO682
by on Oct. 8, 2012 at 4:03 PM
1 mom liked this

You shouldn't give him any attention. that is what he is looking for. once you open up the communication with him, he is going to try to manipulate you and get in your head. you have to do what you have to do to protect you and your child.

victoriahearts
by on Oct. 8, 2012 at 5:09 PM

All the PP are right, best thing to do is get him put back and jail until he learns he needs to stay away from you and your child. 

RoddaMom
by on Oct. 8, 2012 at 5:26 PM

I agree that you need to let the police know what is going on even if it just goes on the record. Being the best mother you can be is protecting your little girl AND yourself. Do NOT just ignore it. I know it is hard but it is important to face problems head on. I would also suggest taking a self defense class. Whatever you can do to make yourself feel and be safer, the better. Hugs to you mama.

SWells041585
by on Oct. 8, 2012 at 6:01 PM

Call the police immediately anytime he attempts to re-establish contact. Always make you & your LOs safety your primary priority!

Zacknalexmom
by on Oct. 8, 2012 at 6:11 PM
2 moms liked this
Exactly what she said. If he has a drinking problem he'll be crazy enough to keep bothering you. If he wants nothing to do with his child and only you,then sounds like he's inmature boy or he's using you for bootycall. I went through this ordeal with my exhusband. I have a protection order on him,and also had him locked up a couple times. He was on drugs and drinked alot. That justmakes things worse. My lawyer also had it courtordered in my divorce that he has no visitation rights with our kids till he got himself some help. Its been 6 yrs and he hasn't gotten any help and he still doesn't have visitation. I believe God was in favor for me on that. Don't let your crazy ex scare you. Be brave and have his drunk butt locked up.

Quoting devynsmommy09:

Do you have a restraining/protective order?  I would go get one immediately.  If he comes around again, have his butt locked up.  He has no right to terrorize you and you have every right to protect yourself and your little girl.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)