Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Single Moms Single Moms

Opinions please??!

Posted by on Oct. 8, 2012 at 6:35 PM
  • 18 Replies
I'm looking for ways to save money as i am the o.ly income.. No child support help. I figured out a cpl things i cld do and now i have considered moving to help. I could save at least an extra 75 dollars if i move.

Reasoning?:

1) current landlord is shady. She 'lost' a money order months ago then started demanding i pay her cash to reimburse her.. But she gt the check re-issued. She has been pissy ever since because i refused and got the owner involved.
2) i will be saving at least 75 dollars each month.

Downside?:
1) i like the house i rent. Huge yard (fenced), washer dryer hook ups, dishwasher, im allowed to have my cat, garage...
2) i wanted to move to the town i work in, also where my sitter atm lives and where dd goes to school. The one rental there is overseen by my current landlord.
3) i will have to move to an apartment.. In the town im currently in. I do NOT miss apt living. I will have to store my washer/dryer someplace again. :/

So.. What say you? Tough it out here another 6mons or get out and save a few bucks and some sanity??
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Oct. 8, 2012 at 6:35 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
ms.sophsmom
by on Oct. 8, 2012 at 6:41 PM
Bump
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Andrewsmom70
by Silver Member on Oct. 8, 2012 at 7:12 PM
How much would storage cost versus less rent and less travel costs?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
iHay
by on Oct. 8, 2012 at 7:35 PM
2 moms liked this
Id stay. Moving costs a lot as does the deposits required. Then you'll have to store some things. Doesnt sound worth it to me. Id just stay where you are and look for something better. If its not a step forward then its not worth the step.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
ms.sophsmom
by on Oct. 8, 2012 at 7:37 PM
Not.much i dnt think. I may be able to store the washer in my moms shed.

Quoting Andrewsmom70:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Andrewsmom70
by Silver Member on Oct. 8, 2012 at 7:39 PM
Then I wouldn't move. It's not worth it, doesn't sound like.

Quoting ms.sophsmom:

Not.much i dnt think. I may be able to store the washer in my moms shed.

Quoting Andrewsmom70:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
ms.sophsmom
by on Oct. 8, 2012 at 7:39 PM
Moving wont cost much if i stay in town. The whole town is only like 5miles long lol the apts available are both just a cpl minutes away. The townhomes are just two streets away from me.

Quoting iHay:

Id stay. Moving costs a lot as does the deposits required. Then you'll have to store some things. Doesnt sound worth it to me. Id just stay where you are and look for something better. If its not a step forward then its not worth the step.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
iHay
by on Oct. 8, 2012 at 8:13 PM
Well obviously i dont know your budget but will you rent a truck? Do you have a pickup? People to help you? A lot of stuff? Services to transfer?
i have a lot of stuff plus animals a pickup and no one to help me. To move 3 miles it cost me 1000 in gas and fees to have trash, phone and those kinds of things transfered. Then of course the first last and deposit. Anyways is this move a step forward or a step to the side?
oh and im not arguing with you or anything lol. Ive just moved 16 (17 this weekend) in 7 years so ive been through it a few times.

Quoting ms.sophsmom:

Moving wont cost much if i stay in town. The whole town is only like 5miles long lol the apts available are both just a cpl minutes away. The townhomes are just two streets away from me.

Quoting iHay:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
ms.sophsmom
by on Oct. 8, 2012 at 8:25 PM
I drive an suv and my ex wld probably help me with his truck. I dnt have a huge amount of stuff. I dnt really know. Its a newer place. Most likely a better landlord since i rented from the other company before. Im more concerned abt saving some money than anything.

Quoting iHay:

Well obviously i dont know your budget but will you rent a truck? Do you have a pickup? People to help you? A lot of stuff? Services to transfer?

i have a lot of stuff plus animals a pickup and no one to help me. To move 3 miles it cost me 1000 in gas and fees to have trash, phone and those kinds of things transfered. Then of course the first last and deposit. Anyways is this move a step forward or a step to the side?

oh and im not arguing with you or anything lol. Ive just moved 16 (17 this weekend) in 7 years so ive been through it a few times.

Quoting ms.sophsmom:

Quoting iHay:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
alkbco
by on Oct. 9, 2012 at 1:24 AM
1 mom liked this
I would stay for now moving is way expensive and I don't like apartment living any more either. Saving money tips though.. I cut back all possible bills down graded my cell phone (not even a android phone) the dollar store for a lot of basic every day things. Washing clothes once a week not every day. Unplugging everything when not in use. It actually runs the bill up being plugged in coupons I learned to shop and spend 300 but only pay a little over 100 websites teach you how lol.. Good luck!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
faerie75
by Ruby Member on Oct. 9, 2012 at 3:45 PM
1 mom liked this

to me it doesnt seem worth it for only 75 bucks.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)