Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Single Moms Single Moms

In the best interest.....

Posted by on Oct. 8, 2012 at 8:42 PM
  • 7 Replies
Welp, I guess it does ring true that love knocks when you least expect it!!! I've been dating a guy know for awhile (past romantic interest yrs ago & always a friend) and we are truly comfortable in each others company. He understands my priority as a mom and is accepting of it, even volunteering to help me out with tasks...

My dd knows him as a friend as he's been no stranger to our lives, but in casually speaking to her about about me dating, her response is "no boyfriend". The ex, her dad only sees her one day a week and has a live in with a dd herself. Dd was fine with his arrangements, but she has told me nix nay on the icke nay!

I'm a 40+ mom.....and a part a me feels guilty for wanting a relationship! Advise girls? My ears are open.
by on Oct. 8, 2012 at 8:42 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
laird6372
by on Oct. 8, 2012 at 9:41 PM
1 mom liked this

She's probably just scared about "losing" you if you start dating. Just sit down and talk with her about why she said it and comfort her. :)

marinesfeeding babyteen girltoddler boytoddler girl
Proud momma of 4 kids, three of my own and one who didn't grow in my belly but has taken over my heart!

iHay
by on Oct. 9, 2012 at 12:22 AM
1 mom liked this

How old is dd? Sometimes kids don't know whats best for them, thats why they have parents to look out for them. You shouldn't feel guilty for wanting to be with someone.

Andrewsmom70
by Silver Member on Oct. 9, 2012 at 5:56 AM
She's used to having your undivided attention. She doesn't want that to change. My son has said the same to me.

How old is she? How long have you and dad been apart?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Misha1204
by on Oct. 9, 2012 at 6:06 AM
How old is ur dd?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
LilShamrock
by Member on Oct. 9, 2012 at 2:53 PM
Hi all, thanks for the replies. Dd is 7yrs old. Ex and I have been apart for 4yrs now.
I guess I've been her "rock of Gibraltar"......and will always be 'cud that is what we as moms do!! :)
And if it would come down to it, I would forego a relationship if it caused that much stress to her life. I've fought damn hard to minimize any negative aspects of the divorce that could have impacted her and that is reflected....many of her school mates and teachers hadn't realized that her dad and I are divorced as we have remained amiable. :)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Robsessed98
by on Oct. 9, 2012 at 3:11 PM
1 mom liked this
Umm, youre the mom, not her. How would it not be in her best interest to have a happy mom and another man that cares about her? She will get over being so possessive of you, as long as you continue to spend plenty of quality time with her. IMO youd be a fool to pass on such a good thing. Her opinion will change.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
faerie75
by Ruby Member on Oct. 9, 2012 at 3:20 PM

i would tell her that adults get to pick this, not kids, but that she is still my priority and you will always love her and be there for her.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN