Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Single Moms Single Moms

Bed time

Posted by on Oct. 9, 2012 at 1:18 AM
  • 4 Replies
So I have a six month old and a two and a half year old. Im in the middle of a divorce and getting no help neither knew their dad for long the new born not at all. so I don't think that's the issue. Anyways I'm having to work a lot more. My oldest used to wait on me to get home and would only sleep with me. This went on for four months then a few weeks ago he decides he wants to sleep with granny. Nothing changed that I can think of but he now refuses to go to bed with me. He will not even lay down with me. Only my mom. And it's hurting my feelings idk what I did wrong... Any suggestions or ideas?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Oct. 9, 2012 at 1:18 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-4):
LifeCafe42
by Nora on Oct. 9, 2012 at 9:47 AM
Maybe a good time for him to sleep in his bed by himself!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
h_minkus
by on Oct. 9, 2012 at 9:58 AM
1 mom liked this

Is she his caretaker during the day while you are at work? He may just feel more secure with her since you are gone more at work. Do not take this personally! He still loves you, he still knows you are his mom! He is too young to understand or express his feelings, so just allow him to do what makes him feel secure during this time of transition to your new schedule. He may feel a bit abandoned so try to spend time with him as much as possible. I know from experience. I have a 2.5 yr old and a 6 month old (and a 6 yr old) and their dad has been gone since the baby was a month old.

alkbco
by on Oct. 9, 2012 at 9:59 AM
He does once hes asleep I put him in his bed and he stays there all night. I normally don't sleep much so I let him fall asleep on the couch with me. But now he won't.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
alkbco
by on Oct. 9, 2012 at 11:24 AM
Yea their dad let a week before the baby was born. And yes she's his primary caretaker while I'm gone. He's never been to daycare

Quoting h_minkus:

Is she his caretaker during the day while you are at work? He may just feel more secure with her since you are gone more at work. Do not take this personally! He still loves you, he still knows you are his mom! He is too young to understand or express his feelings, so just allow him to do what makes him feel secure during this time of transition to your new schedule. He may feel a bit abandoned so try to spend time with him as much as possible. I know from experience. I have a 2.5 yr old and a 6 month old (and a 6 yr old) and their dad has been gone since the baby was a month old.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)