Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Single Moms Single Moms

Am I the only one?

Posted by on Oct. 9, 2012 at 6:28 AM
  • 13 Replies
Even though ds had yet to meet his bio dad, I feel almost compelled to put together a scrapbook of his dad and that side of the family......... I want my son to know that despite what happened between his father and I and regardless of the actions or lack there of now , he was created in love. I am putting photos of his siblings in frames and putting them on his bedroom wall. Am I crazy?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Oct. 9, 2012 at 6:28 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
lydi
by on Oct. 9, 2012 at 9:17 AM

no you are not crazy, my dd has seen her father on and off (hasnt seen him in about 2 years now) but i scrapbooked the short times together for memories for when she is older.

larschick
by on Oct. 9, 2012 at 9:20 AM
I sometimes wish there were memories I could share with my son of his father, but he left when he was 3 mints old & has had NO contact in over a year. My ds is 3 so he doesn't miss him - cause he never new him.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
MeeshMom
by Platinum Member on Oct. 9, 2012 at 9:22 AM
You're not crazy but I'd out them in a book not on the wall.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
LifeCafe42
by Nora on Oct. 9, 2012 at 9:38 AM
Not crazy I have no desire I can show pictures but he's never held DS so there are no pics of the 2 of them
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Jasuzha
by on Oct. 9, 2012 at 9:55 AM
No, you're not crazy. I sometimes wish I had a picture of my son's father to show him.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
tezell78
by Member on Oct. 9, 2012 at 9:59 AM
There are no photos of ds and his bio dad. the photos going on the wall are of ds's 2 older brothers and older sister from that side. The kids all talk on the phone and such and their mom is bringing them up for vacation later this school year we live 487 miles apart, so we cann' t just meet for lunch. The photos of bio dad and bio dads parents brothers ect are going in a scrapbook along with several letters, for ds when he gets older.like ten and up.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
MIMIBRIE
by Jayme on Oct. 9, 2012 at 10:02 AM
Not crazy just something I wouldn't do
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Arwyn724
by Member on Oct. 9, 2012 at 11:06 AM

Not crazy at all.  My oldest & I watch the home movies from when she was little, now that she has a daughter of her own, and of course her dad & I are both in them.  She had her own photo album growing up with family pics (her dad & I split when she was 5) of both sides of her family.  My ex in-laws would make sure I had photos of stuff that occurred that I did not attend.  Her album is a complete story of her life, with nothing missing.

Robsessed98
by on Oct. 10, 2012 at 8:05 PM
I think the scrapbook is a good idea, but I wouldnt put pictures of them on the wall. I think its good that he know his parents loved each other. But the more you do and talk about him, the more he will want to meet him, then what? Is the father wanting or willing to be a part of his life? If not, Im afraid your son may end up being hurt or let down.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
jamieharper08
by on Oct. 10, 2012 at 8:23 PM

I think it is odd seeing he has never even met him. I know he is too young to understand now, but it would be depressing, and a constant reminder of the lack of love? Idk

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN