Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Single Moms Single Moms

VENT: Dead Beat Dad

Posted by on Oct. 9, 2012 at 10:10 AM
  • 35 Replies

So my oldest's dad is a DEAD BEAT. Ultimate definition. I was only awarded $110/month *yes, pick your jaw up off the ground, $110... WTFrick is $110 going to do?* He can't even pay that. For the past... oh 5 years I'll get $5-8 a YEAR. Yes, enough to buy her a burger a YEAR. She's 16 and thanks to a couple years of him filing his tax returns (he doesn't even do that anymore) he is in arrears over $8K. I called DCS yesterday to find out if there was anything we can do... and he gets welfare now, so can't touch him. I just want to frickin scream!

by on Oct. 9, 2012 at 10:10 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
kagegirl
by on Oct. 9, 2012 at 10:17 AM
I know the feeling. My ex is ordered to pay 21 a month and he now otters over 300 dollars. Yup, lost can't even around together 21 bucks a month. For two kids.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
lnrmom
by on Oct. 9, 2012 at 10:24 AM

$21??? For TWO? O-M-G. How on Earth did he manage that?

iamfreeatlast
by on Oct. 9, 2012 at 12:35 PM

Mine owes me over 105,000 and they won't do anything to him.  He lives 3 hours away but in another state and nobody will pick him.  They filed a felony warrant on him because of CS and still nothing.  Good luck with it and try not to let it get to you.  Once you figure out that you are doing it all on your own (with struggles and all) it becomes easier (with the anger). 

PaperClip811
by on Oct. 9, 2012 at 1:29 PM

:-/ Frustrating.

alyssasmommy318
by on Oct. 9, 2012 at 1:32 PM
My ex is 20,000 behind in cs I live in al he lives in TX so no one will do a damn thing :/
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
lnrmom
by on Oct. 9, 2012 at 3:11 PM

My youngest's is $35K in arrears.. and can't imagine $105K in arrears. smh.

steviechick
by on Oct. 9, 2012 at 3:19 PM

I'm lucky.  My ex is in the National Guard.  The NG doesn't screw around when it comes to cs.  What I don't understand is just because the deadbeats are in another state why can't the same laws apply there?  Surely every state has a cs law in place for deadbeats no matter what state their kids live in.  I would call my state rep and inquire why the laws are so screwed up.  I would think garnishments would be in order.  Someone collecting welfare is collecting something.  Look into welfare and cs for your specific's ex's state and make inquiries as to why he CAN continue to be a deadbeat?

Cpdsptchgrl
by on Oct. 9, 2012 at 3:20 PM
I was awarded $50 a month that I rarely see and was told its because he's poor so the judge ordered that I'm responsible for 100% of her financial well being.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
momma4vr
by on Oct. 9, 2012 at 3:22 PM
1 mom liked this

yea im in that boat too.. i get 111 a month! ooo im living it up right?! now mind you i make too much for any help and 1/2 my pay goes to daycare (700 a month) and i have ins on dd she does tumbling (its 32/month) plus everyday expenses... and her dad pays 0. hes 1500 behind... and he yelled at me for telling the judge he hasnt seen dd since march (which is 100% true) and now hes been ordered to pay the $111 a month... and so he blames me for him not being able to see her now bc he wont have the $.... really cuz u werent seeing her at all for the past 6 months! gah men....

faerie75
by Ruby Member on Oct. 9, 2012 at 3:24 PM

id just let it go. dude aint ever going to pay. let the case remain open so if they ever are able to garnish antyhing, you will get it... and let it rack up adn bite him int he ass. but dont focus on that.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN