Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Single Moms Single Moms

VENT: Dead Beat Dad

Posted by   + Show Post

So my oldest's dad is a DEAD BEAT. Ultimate definition. I was only awarded $110/month *yes, pick your jaw up off the ground, $110... WTFrick is $110 going to do?* He can't even pay that. For the past... oh 5 years I'll get $5-8 a YEAR. Yes, enough to buy her a burger a YEAR. She's 16 and thanks to a couple years of him filing his tax returns (he doesn't even do that anymore) he is in arrears over $8K. I called DCS yesterday to find out if there was anything we can do... and he gets welfare now, so can't touch him. I just want to frickin scream!

by on Oct. 9, 2012 at 10:10 AM
Replies (31-35):
erica7227
by on Oct. 10, 2012 at 6:24 PM

I didn't know it was an option to not work if you have kids to take care of. I would think being a "stay at home dad" wouldn't qualify him for welfare. Don't they make you prove you are looking for work when you collect?  Alos, being a stay at home parent is a family decision based on family income.  That said, his wife should be picking up his bills so he can stay home, no?  Frustrating. 

Quoting lnrmom:

Because he doesn't work. He's a stay at home dad. She works. They have her son, their son, plus three of his other kids and his grandson. I'm so glad I moved from there.

Quoting erica7227:

Ugh, why does he need welfare??  I feel your pain.  Love how moms are just supposed to pick up the financial slack and carry on.  My ex owes me $8K plus $2K in interest.  After being behind for 8 years, he now wants me to waive the interest.  Say what?  My guess is he wants to try to pay most of it off so he can get a passport to go jet setting with his girlfriend. 

lnrmom
by Bronze Member on Oct. 10, 2012 at 8:23 PM

Your guess is as good as mine.

And yes, you'd think she'd pick up the slack.... but.... at least she hasn't with child support.

I haven't talked to the man in a long LONG time. He's on my fb only so he can see her pictures, I have him hidden. I don't see anything on his page. And I deleted her from my life three years ago when she proved herself to be a liar.

Quoting erica7227:

I didn't know it was an option to not work if you have kids to take care of. I would think being a "stay at home dad" wouldn't qualify him for welfare. Don't they make you prove you are looking for work when you collect?  Alos, being a stay at home parent is a family decision based on family income.  That said, his wife should be picking up his bills so he can stay home, no?  Frustrating. 

Quoting lnrmom:

Because he doesn't work. He's a stay at home dad. She works. They have her son, their son, plus three of his other kids and his grandson. I'm so glad I moved from there.

Quoting erica7227:

Ugh, why does he need welfare??  I feel your pain.  Love how moms are just supposed to pick up the financial slack and carry on.  My ex owes me $8K plus $2K in interest.  After being behind for 8 years, he now wants me to waive the interest.  Say what?  My guess is he wants to try to pay most of it off so he can get a passport to go jet setting with his girlfriend. 

kahanu
by on Oct. 11, 2012 at 10:15 AM
My ex started in arrears from the very beginning and is in over 15,000. My case is out of CA and they dont fool around, they will garnish, withhold income tax returns, bank levy, suspend drivers and commerial licenses, closing costs if selling property. if and when i get my cs i look at it as something extra for my son. Good Luck i would contact your county/state agency
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
lnrmom
by Bronze Member on Oct. 11, 2012 at 10:37 AM

He doesn't work, he doesn't file taxes. His wife works but doesn't put him on her taxes, everything is in her name. He's a lazy bum. When we met and got preggo with DD, he had a full time job. Now he's a loser.

But yes, we have a case with child support enforcement. It's just so frustrating.

Quoting kahanu:

My ex started in arrears from the very beginning and is in over 15,000. My case is out of CA and they dont fool around, they will garnish, withhold income tax returns, bank levy, suspend drivers and commerial licenses, closing costs if selling property. if and when i get my cs i look at it as something extra for my son. Good Luck i would contact your county/state agency

Kelly1308
by on Oct. 12, 2012 at 6:55 AM
1 mom liked this

I feel ya.  I live in TX and so does my Ex.  TX doesn't take CS very seriously and you can't get much response from them as to how to proceed for the betterment of our children.  It is horrible that these men can get off not doing anything and get away with it.   It is amazing to me.  Good luck as I am in the same boat.

Quoting alyssasmommy318:

My ex is 20,000 behind in cs I live in al he lives in TX so no one will do a damn thing :/

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)