Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Single Moms Single Moms

Single Pregnancy

Posted by on Oct. 9, 2012 at 12:59 PM
  • 13 Replies

There's nothing worse than going through a pregnancy alone with no  emotional or financial support.... Especially when the father of your child is a SINGLE DAD himself! I never thought that someone you loved and cared about soo much could do something like that to you n not even seem to care.... I've accepted the fact that he's probably not going to be in the picture but I need to find some way to be ok.... I've tried to find a therapist to talk to but I have pregnancy medicaid n all the family therapists I've called don't accept that I've tried looking for support groups or counseling centers in my area n there's nothing! Friends & Family just don't understand.... I feel alone and overwhelmed with stress sometimes it feels like I can't even breathe! I just don't know what to do......

by on Oct. 9, 2012 at 12:59 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
chasingrandbaby
by on Oct. 9, 2012 at 1:21 PM
2 moms liked this
remember that it only takes one person to try to understand and help you through something. Pick a friend or family member that you trust and has empathy and can really keep you focused, is there one? You might be surprised and go from there. When my son was at his worst w mental health I thought that I was all alone, the thing was, no one knew what was really going on until he went to the childrens home for 6 months. I realized then that no one knew so how could they support me or really understand? Does that make sense? I kind of took the round about way but my point is keep trying and keep talking, its all that you can do. best wishes
jagsmom13
by on Oct. 9, 2012 at 1:42 PM

sometimes it's hard for me to express myself and talk about what's going on with my sons dad and all the hurtful things he says and does because I feel embarassed that I'm in this situation and I don't want to share things with ppl bcuz I feel like they will talk about it with other ppl n I don't want to put my business out there like that... It makes me uncomfortable... So I act like I'm fine but really it's tearing me up :\

MicahBoo07
by on Oct. 9, 2012 at 1:49 PM
1 mom liked this

Did u try the Womans Center they have counseling and will talk to you.

chasingrandbaby
by on Oct. 9, 2012 at 10:34 PM

Its hard to find someone that you can fully trust, just keep seeking help from someone, a doctor, idk, just don't give up! prayers

ZakkarysMom
by Natasha on Oct. 9, 2012 at 10:36 PM
Whats pregnancy medicaid?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
ZakkarysMom
by Natasha on Oct. 9, 2012 at 10:41 PM
We have a place here called Birthright. They offer free services..counseling..assistance with diapers and baby clothes. They got me a used double stroller. Is there a place like that near you?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
rnchelle93
by on Oct. 9, 2012 at 10:42 PM
It sucks. I'm pregnant and single, but I don't know the father, so not really the same thing, but still. Sometimes I think it'd be nice to have a partner. But then, I've never had one, so you can't really miss what you've never had. I do have a therapist who is amazing. Good luck!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Robsessed98
by on Oct. 9, 2012 at 10:48 PM
1 mom liked this
After experiencing both sides I can guarantee that being married to an abusive, ultra controlling, totally self absorbed piece of shit while pregnant is MUCH worse than being pregnant and alone. Focus solely on making a better life for you and the baby now and move forward without him. You absolutely do not need a man to be happy within yourself or to be an amazing mother.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
michiganmom5150
by on Oct. 9, 2012 at 11:08 PM
1 mom liked this
Look for a Samaritan center. They do counseling based on your income and are usually in churches or community centers. You may not have to pay. I can't imagine what you are going through, but you are stronger than you think.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Joashmom
by on Oct. 9, 2012 at 11:27 PM
Im also single and pregnant and it is so hard in many ways. It is difficult being alone and havin no help financially or emotionally. Its heart breaking to go to the prenatal appointments alone and seeing other pregnant girls with their babies father. Its sucks picking out baby clothes/items by yourself. But u just have to try to keep in your head theres nothing you can do about it. What's done is whats done. You cant take it back. Just try and be strong
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN