Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Single Moms Single Moms

sarcastic rude grandparents

Posted by on Oct. 9, 2012 at 1:26 PM
  • 9 Replies

my sons fathers parents are so rude. they take the time out of their day all the time to put me down as a person, and mother. for instance at preschool meetings i cared enough to invite her to come look with us yet she made a rude comment as to say "isnt it amazing how much kids look like their dads. thank god nothing like their moms" or today i was running late to take my son to preschool and posted online that i was exactly that....running late. and she took the time to write and yet you had time to get online..... i took the high road adn yes maam a girl can multi task brushing her teeth very well :)...... but im getting tired of taking the high road. i know her son has said lies about me and everything. and it doesnt make anything better that we had a nasty custody battle but is there anything i can say or do so that they get the point im over their attitude and sarcastic rude comments. i dont want to delete them off fb because they post pics of my son i want to see so im at a lost at what to do.

by on Oct. 9, 2012 at 1:26 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-9):
jamieharper08
by on Oct. 9, 2012 at 1:30 PM
1 mom liked this

You are nicer than me. You need to shut that down before it gets any worse. Just imagine what they say behind your back....possibly in front of your child. Ehhhhh....you've gotta do something.

ashleysuee
by on Oct. 9, 2012 at 1:48 PM

see i have wanted to sa something to them but i have stopped myself because i rather them be the immature and disrespectful ones. i know they say plenty behind my back but i dont think that will ever change. i just want to know if i need to keep ignoring it or just tell them please keep all rude comments to yourself or i will no longer be in contact with you.

faerie75
by Ruby Member on Oct. 9, 2012 at 3:33 PM
1 mom liked this

i wouldnt invite her anywhere and id unfriend her on fb. she can see the kid on dads time. problem solved.

faerie75
by Ruby Member on Oct. 9, 2012 at 3:34 PM
1 mom liked this

standing up for yourself isnt being immature or disresepctful.

amonkeymom
by Gold Member on Oct. 10, 2012 at 2:13 PM

Welcome to the group.  I'm sorry you're dealing with those comments.

mommyof3girls05
by on Oct. 10, 2012 at 2:19 PM

your alot nicer than i will ever be id just ignore them and no longer invite them to anything if they make a post on your fb just delete it or not even make a comment back to them

MicahBoo07
by on Oct. 10, 2012 at 3:30 PM

if u don't want to talk about it in person write a letter to her saying how u feel and how those things she says makes u feel. Send it in the mail to her the old fashion way. Let her read it and then let her bring it up if she wants to or she might change her attitude without saying anything about it. Some older people u have to go threw the snail mail to get ur point across to them and show them u mean them no harm.

Robsessed98
by on Oct. 10, 2012 at 7:02 PM
Give it up, ignore it and dont let it get to you. My exmil was just like that. I argued and tried everything possible and finally realized that she was just one of those old bitches that has to complain about something and that noone would ever be as good at parenting th an her child. Once I realized that she would never change or think I was good enough I cut her out of my life and made my ex take our dd to see her.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
jamieharper08
by on Oct. 10, 2012 at 8:00 PM

I would def tell them if they can't respect me, they will no longer be a part of mine, or my children's life. End of story!

Quoting ashleysuee:

see i have wanted to sa something to them but i have stopped myself because i rather them be the immature and disrespectful ones. i know they say plenty behind my back but i dont think that will ever change. i just want to know if i need to keep ignoring it or just tell them please keep all rude comments to yourself or i will no longer be in contact with you.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)