Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Single Moms Single Moms

Going broke

Posted by on Oct. 9, 2012 at 7:11 PM
  • 17 Replies

Hello,

I am a single mother of two boys one is 16 years old and has autism and a 7 seven year old.  Dont know what to do I send itmes with my 7 year old in visits with his father he does not return itmes.  Bookbags sneakers clothes all needed for school.  When I asked for belongings back he reufse to sent items back.  I had to replace so many items every week.  I cannot afford to replace book bags and sneakers every week.  I do not know what to do.

tttonice

by on Oct. 9, 2012 at 7:11 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Zacknalexmom
by on Oct. 9, 2012 at 7:16 PM
2 moms liked this
I would stop sending items since he isn't returning them. Let his dad supply your child with items he needs. Sounds like he's being a jerk.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
petite101
by Danielle on Oct. 9, 2012 at 7:17 PM

Stop sending stuff with your son. His dad should have those things at his dads and if his dad didn't have them, he does now since he kept all the stuff you sent.

Bryntayk16
by on Oct. 9, 2012 at 7:20 PM
Agree^ also, does this man give you child support? If not he needs to start. Explain to him he cannot use your son against you. That is unfair. You don't keep your son from him, he shouldn't tear you apart by making you buy things you've already bought. If he can't be an adult about things how is he a father. I'm sure he's not thinking about how it's affecting your son. Just how it's affecting you. I hope he gets some sense
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
thanush
by on Oct. 9, 2012 at 7:22 PM
1 mom liked this

You can sue him. I saw a case exactly like yours on Judge Judy (where the father would not return cloths which mom bought, that his son change at his house), and the mom won the case and the dad had to return everything back, plus money for the items he 'lost'.

tttonice
by on Oct. 9, 2012 at 7:36 PM

I recently went to family court to try to get  his visits to weekends because he has gotton my son to school late 25 times one year and 17 the next within the two nights a week he has him but because he works on the weekend the judge was only concerned with my sons father finding time to sleep.  My petion was rejected by the judge.  I consulted another lawyer but they said there is nothing I can do.  I guess family court is not concerned about a childs education.  This vistiation was made when my son was 2 years old now he is 7.  I just want to put my son in school 5 days a week.  And his father can enjoy his visits on the weekend.  

tttonice
by on Oct. 9, 2012 at 7:44 PM

BUMP!

MicahBoo07
by on Oct. 9, 2012 at 9:41 PM

You can put it in the court order. I know my son's dad would do that all the time to me so I told the judge and she looked at him and said whatever he takes to his place he has to return it all when I get my son back. You should do that. Sometimes the guys just need a wake up call. If your son is tardy to school so many times the police could arrest the dad for not brining the child to school or if he misses a lot of school on those days he has him. I saw on yahoo a story about a mom that kept the kids out of school for a lot of days and she got picked up and charged for it.

Maybe talk to your police department about and ask them or even ask the school because u need to make sure they know it is the dad doing it and not u.

Robsessed98
by on Oct. 9, 2012 at 9:51 PM
I would buy several cheap but nice outfits from a thrift store and have them wear only those when they go with him. That way you wont lose their good clothes. Same goes for backpacks. I would flat out refuse to send anything else.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
michiganmom5150
by on Oct. 9, 2012 at 10:54 PM
There should be something about this in your CO. Ours says dad must have everything at his house, except large items, coats, book bags, shoes and boots, those go back and forth. If you hadn't had it, maybe see if you can get it added!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
LifeCafe42
by Nora on Oct. 9, 2012 at 11:57 PM
Welcome if only send thrift store stuff with him your son is old enough to bring the stuff back
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)