Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Single Moms Single Moms

Hello,

I am a single mother of two boys one is 16 years old and has autism and a 7 seven year old.  Dont know what to do I send itmes with my 7 year old in visits with his father he does not return itmes.  Bookbags sneakers clothes all needed for school.  When I asked for belongings back he reufse to sent items back.  I had to replace so many items every week.  I cannot afford to replace book bags and sneakers every week.  I do not know what to do.

tttonice

by on Oct. 9, 2012 at 7:11 PM
Replies (11-17):
Mommyto2LilMen
by Tina on Oct. 10, 2012 at 8:39 AM
Welcome! I started sending my kids in old clothes/shoes. Then theu would go back to theory dads with whatever clothes they were sent back home with. I use their old winter coats as well.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
tyfry7496
by on Oct. 10, 2012 at 8:43 AM
1 mom liked this
Your son legally has to be in school 5 days a week. It's not a choice.

Stop sending anything with your son. His father should be providing what your son needs at his house.

If he continues bringing your son to school late, tell the school to file educational neglect charges against him. They can have him ticketed for truancy. In some states, it's a daily fine, court ordered parenting classes, counseling and jail time.

Quoting tttonice:

I recently went to family court to try to get  his visits to weekends because he has gotton my son to school late 25 times one year and 17 the next within the two nights a week he has him but because he works on the weekend the judge was only concerned with my sons father finding time to sleep.  My petion was rejected by the judge.  I consulted another lawyer but they said there is nothing I can do.  I guess family court is not concerned about a childs education.  This vistiation was made when my son was 2 years old now he is 7.  I just want to put my son in school 5 days a week.  And his father can enjoy his visits on the weekend.  

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
steviechick
by Gold Member on Oct. 10, 2012 at 11:14 AM

Since this has already taken place take this moron ex of yours back to court for lost items and money lost due to your ex's so-called incompotence.  Don't take this crap any longer.  I concur with the other ladies in regards to not allowing your son to bring anything of value with him to his father's place. 

Welcome to the group!

devynsmommy09
by on Oct. 10, 2012 at 11:18 AM

I agree!  Dad should have his own set of everything.  Stop sending stuff. 

Quoting Zacknalexmom:

I would stop sending items since he isn't returning them. Let his dad supply your child with items he needs. Sounds like he's being a jerk.

CutieCrab
by on Oct. 10, 2012 at 12:37 PM
Stop sending stuff
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
thanush
by on Oct. 10, 2012 at 2:52 PM
Since the stuff he refuse to give are yours ( bought by you), and has a monitory value, the judge will rule on your behalf if you have any sort of evidence. Do you have SMS, FB messages, emails etc that he said he refuse to give them? Try to collect that evidence if you do not already have them.
Quoting tttonice:

I recently went to family court to try to get  his visits to weekends because he has gotton my son to school late 25 times one year and 17 the next within the two nights a week he has him but because he works on the weekend the judge was only concerned with my sons father finding time to sleep.  My petion was rejected by the judge.  I consulted another lawyer but they said there is nothing I can do.  I guess family court is not concerned about a childs education.  This vistiation was made when my son was 2 years old now he is 7.  I just want to put my son in school 5 days a week.  And his father can enjoy his visits on the weekend.  

faerie75
by Ruby Member on Oct. 10, 2012 at 2:54 PM

dont send anything.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)