Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Do you get judged as a single mom?

When I was looking for a better job one place that I did an interview with two people at the same time one was a lady and she asks me well how are you going to manage working full time, going to school(which is online so not a major deal) and being a mom. I hate hearing that from people oh how do you do it all being a single mother must be hard. Yes its hard but I can do it I have for a year and am doing just fine. I am doing the best I can for me and my kids. Wish some people mind their own business and not judge me because of my status. I am a single mom and happy I may not have a man to help but I am not complaining, am a happy single mother. Ok done venting lol.

by on Oct. 10, 2012 at 9:33 AM
Replies (11-20):
Kid_Cat_Mom2005
by on Oct. 10, 2012 at 11:11 AM
If I do, I don't notice it. I just keep to myself, if I had a potential employer ask that question, I wouldn't work for them. The nerve of some people ! SMH
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
deltathree
by Gold Member on Oct. 10, 2012 at 11:31 AM
1 mom liked this

absolutely - so many judgments/stereotypes - it's horrible!

MsLogansMommy
by on Oct. 10, 2012 at 12:53 PM
2 moms liked this

I hate judgemental people but I'm starting to change from letting it frustrate me to actually feeling sorry for people like that cause their lives must be so empty and meaningless for them to have to spend their time thinking about me and my life. I certainly dont have time to be wasting judging people I just live my life and if it bothers someone else and they want to judge then that is their problem not mine kwim

queensweet
by on Oct. 10, 2012 at 1:03 PM
Quoting MsLogansMommy:

I hate judgemental people but I'm starting to change from letting it frustrate me to actually feeling sorry for people like that cause their lives must be so empty and meaningless for them to have to spend their time thinking about me and my life. I certainly dont have time to be wasting judging people I just live my life and if it bothers someone else and they want to judge then that is their problem not mine kwim

I agree 100%! I'm the type of person whom stays to myself. And that is when people like to pry more especially trying to pump my kid for info about me. lol. smdh. I dont understand what makes my life so interesting to others.
Blessed_Mommy87
by on Oct. 10, 2012 at 1:04 PM

I'm 25 and they theytalked to me is if I was their child I was so ready to be out of there.

Quoting Kid_Cat_Mom2005:

If I do, I don't notice it. I just keep to myself, if I had a potential employer ask that question, I wouldn't work for them. The nerve of some people ! SMH

Blessed_Mommy87
by on Oct. 10, 2012 at 1:06 PM
1 mom liked this

I agree to just because I am not with my kids father it doesn't mean I can't still raise my kids hell I am better off without him its not like men help much raising kids anyway. I ignore it its my life I live it not them.

Quoting queensweet:

Quoting MsLogansMommy:

I agree 100%! I'm the type of person whom stays to myself. And that is when people like to pry more especially trying to pump my kid for info about me. lol. smdh. I dont understand what makes my life so interesting to others.

MsLogansMommy
by on Oct. 10, 2012 at 1:07 PM

its the mystery :-)

your a hard nut to crack haha someone told me that once and I thought it was so funny

Quoting queensweet:

Quoting MsLogansMommy:

Blessed_Mommy87
by on Oct. 10, 2012 at 1:14 PM

LOL that is funny.

Quoting MsLogansMommy:

its the mystery :-)

your a hard nut to crack haha someone told me that once and I thought it was so funny

Quoting queensweet:

Quoting MsLogansMommy:

sid1083
by Silver Member on Oct. 10, 2012 at 1:50 PM

If I am judged, I don't really pay attention. I have two kids who are already taking up most of it and I don't have time for the other garbage like that. If a comment is made I usually reply, "Well if it was you, I'm sure you'd manage just fine too."

Robsessed98
by on Oct. 10, 2012 at 1:57 PM
2 moms liked this
Theres no reason to talk about your marital status or children during a job interview because they cant ask you about either. Personally I always took it as a compliment when people say things like that. Ive always been proud that I did a good job at what most people couldnt have done.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)