Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Single Moms Single Moms

Is it really a shock?

Posted by on Oct. 10, 2012 at 11:32 AM
  • 40 Replies

My two longest relationships were with smokers. I don't smoke at all. After being with both men for a while, being around the smoke all the time started to give me headaches. Plus my clothe started smelling like smoke, even after washes.  I was talking to my friend ( who doesn't smoke but her husband does) and she said" I would be missing out on great guys if I put smoking on my no go list ".  I told her that I believed I can meet a great guy who doesn't smoke just as easily as a smoker. She replied with " I highly doubt it". I don't know, is it expecting to much to not want to date any more smokers?

by on Oct. 10, 2012 at 11:32 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
whitneymf
by on Oct. 10, 2012 at 11:36 AM
2 moms liked this
I refuse to date any one who smokes and I've met some wonderful men who don't smoke. So there is hope don't worry(:
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
tinky_00
by on Oct. 10, 2012 at 11:57 AM
^I agree^
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
petite101
by Danielle on Oct. 10, 2012 at 12:00 PM

Nope, it sure isn't. I found an AMAZING man who doesn't smoke. 

texoma2
by on Oct. 10, 2012 at 12:09 PM

OMG NO...... SMOKING IS SO GROSS!!! U COULD NOT PAY ME ENOUGH TO DATE OR EVEN HANG WITH A SMOKER.

conniejo75
by Bronze Member on Oct. 10, 2012 at 12:12 PM
I don't date smokers. Never have.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
MeeshMom
by Platinum Member on Oct. 10, 2012 at 12:25 PM
Smoker and non smoker doesn't have much to do with the person as a whole but for me it's a deal breaker. I used to smoke and I'm glad I stopped. It's gross. You can find great non smoker guys. Only you can set your own standards. And there's nothing wrong with wanting a non smoker.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
LeeLee375
by on Oct. 10, 2012 at 12:29 PM
Same here, never dated a smoker. Never plan on it either. There are tons of guys out there, you need to find one that won't make you smell bad! Lol
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
PaperClip811
by Silver Member on Oct. 10, 2012 at 12:51 PM

I didnt date smokers after I quit. Didnt have a problem finding them :o)

yezay
by Bronze Member on Oct. 10, 2012 at 12:56 PM
My so and I both smoked when we met but now we only do occasionally if out drinking.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
dragonfly.1982
by on Oct. 10, 2012 at 1:12 PM

I quit when I got pregnant and I don't want to go back this time so smoking is most definitely on my no go list I don't want the added temptation of wanting to smoke again. and I don't want my kids to ever be around it or well at least when they are with me.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)