Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Single Moms Single Moms

Is it really a shock?

Posted by   + Show Post

My two longest relationships were with smokers. I don't smoke at all. After being with both men for a while, being around the smoke all the time started to give me headaches. Plus my clothe started smelling like smoke, even after washes.  I was talking to my friend ( who doesn't smoke but her husband does) and she said" I would be missing out on great guys if I put smoking on my no go list ".  I told her that I believed I can meet a great guy who doesn't smoke just as easily as a smoker. She replied with " I highly doubt it". I don't know, is it expecting to much to not want to date any more smokers?

by on Oct. 10, 2012 at 11:32 AM
Replies (11-20):
SinceresMomma
by on Oct. 10, 2012 at 1:16 PM
It's good men out there that don't smoke. I'm allergic to cigarette smoke anyway and I don't want it around my son. I hate when smoke get trapped in people clothes. It's gross and it smells. Can't stand it
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mamalena137
by Bronze Member on Oct. 10, 2012 at 1:16 PM

I don't see how only good men are smokers. My dad's not a smoker and neither are my brothers. Sounds like your friend is just looking in the wrong places.

Blessed_Mommy87
by on Oct. 10, 2012 at 1:18 PM

I was in the exact positon as you are the only guys that been in my life were smokers I had doubts that I would ever find one that didn't it. I hate smoking, then I found my bf and we both asked each other if either of us smoked and answer was no we laughed because we been through the same and wanted someone who dindn't. So there a re men who don't smoke just hard to find. Don't give up hope and don't settle for someone who does if its not what you want.

raegan1221
by Raegan on Oct. 10, 2012 at 1:19 PM

I don't think it's asking too much. I think I've only dated one smoker. Aaron quit smoking when we started talking.

quickbooksworm
by Bronze Member on Oct. 10, 2012 at 1:28 PM
It's a dealbreaker for me. Its disgusting, unhealthy, and will make my son sick. The right guy for me will not be a smoker.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Hatred4none
by on Oct. 10, 2012 at 1:39 PM
There are all types of great guys out there. My DH smoked, but eventually gave it up for family, even though he never smoked in front of the kids. He knew how much I hated it!
LovingMy2x4
by on Oct. 10, 2012 at 1:40 PM

In 27 years, I have never even tried a cigarette. I dated 2 guys who smoked (one being my exH) and in the beginning I told them both I wouldnt kiss them if they smoked. Not in a mean way, just in a factual "this is why Im not dating you" way and they both stopped. The second guy didnt last long bc he just drank too much instead. Also, a turn off!!

*J*

sid1083
by Silver Member on Oct. 10, 2012 at 1:45 PM

I highly prefer non-smokers myself, but if a guy came along that was WONDERFUL in all other respects but smoked, I'd still consider him.

To me, it is like guys who say they won't date a fat chick. Or someone who has kids. It's a personal preference. Sure, they're going to miss out on some great girls, but that's their choice. Just as preferring to not date a smoker. We win some, we lose some.

brieri
by Platinum Member on Oct. 10, 2012 at 1:48 PM

No. 

Robsessed98
by on Oct. 10, 2012 at 1:52 PM
Im a smoker but at least 90% of the men I dated over the last 20 years or so have been non-smokers. The way the government and society are taking us smokers rights away, many people have more or less been forced to quit. So, I would say you have an excellent chance at finding a man who doesnt smoke.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN