Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Single Moms Single Moms

Make your voice heard - if not for you, then for your child/ren!

Posted by on Oct. 10, 2012 at 9:04 PM
  • 3 Replies

Poll

Question: For Minnesotans: Are you voting this November 6? If so, were you planning on voting for Supreme Court Justice? Prior to reading this post, were you aware of the importance in casting your ballot in this regard?

Options:

Yes, I'm voting but not for Minnesota Supreme Court Justice.

No, I'm not voting at all.

I wasn't going to vote for Supreme Court Justice but now I will be.

Only group members can vote in this poll.

Total Votes: 0

I hope this is okay to post - the only reason I am doing so is because it has such an incredible impact on our children!  This applies to those of you in Minnesota:

For 28 years I have only voted twice; even then it was just for President. I figured “what’s the point? My vote certainly doesn’t make a difference.” WRONG! Each and every single ballot cast holds an incredible amount of power so please don’t throw your privilege away – USE YOUR VOICE, if not for yourself then at least speak for your children. I’m specifically referring to electing our Minnesota Supreme Court Justice this November 6 – this is the person that makes decisions about custody, parenting rights, child support, and so many other vital issues. There’s a saying “if it ain’t broke, don’t fix it.” In case you’ve been living under a rock, you have to know the judicial system is BEYOND BROKEN and has been for quite some time. Use the internet to learn the truth about what’s going on behind the green curtain - it’s frightening to learn Carver County holds the NATIONAL title for the MOST CORRUPT COURT. It’s time to hold judges accountable for their actions.

If you have a flat tire, you can patch it for a while but eventually you HAVE to replace it. Would you honestly drive around on it for 12 years?!? So why on earth would you choose to have the incumbent stay in office and carry on status quo? So say “YES” to a brighter and more promising future - cast your vote for DAN GRIFFITH. I’m not a Republican, a Democrat, an Independent, or any other political label you can come up with. I am simply an AMERICAN, a woman with a young daughter for whom I will do whatever necessary to make sure her rights and freedoms are protected.  Here's your chance to do the same.  .See More
by on Oct. 10, 2012 at 9:04 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-3):
lydi
by on Oct. 10, 2012 at 9:13 PM

i will have to do some more research before deciding what or who to vote for, but sadly i have never been too knowledgable about voting and politics in general so i should change that now. 

MoQSwan
by on Oct. 10, 2012 at 9:26 PM

Yey! I'm so glad to hear that - believe me, I've had a self-taught crash course in the last three months and it's probably the best thing I've ever done!

mhaney03
by on Oct. 10, 2012 at 9:41 PM

In louisiana, our presidential ballot has a ton of other stuff on it I need to research.. I wish they couldn't do that though.  I think that should be a different election.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN