Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Single Moms Single Moms

I am so upset and I just need to vent I know I am a new Member but i Just need to get this out

Posted by on Oct. 10, 2012 at 11:25 PM
  • 13 Replies
It all started last week I was going to a church function with a friend of mine we hungout alot this summer she has a little boy the same age as my daughter well last week her kid was acting up and my daughter and I were sitting at the table we were at a potluck dinner and it is every wednesday night we have dinner and a church lesson anyway last time she told her son that you need to behave and be a good role model because so and so ( My daughter ) Doesnt know how to listen !!!!!!!!! I was fuming mad but I didnt want to make a scene !!!!!!!!!!! and she was the one who gave my daughter and I a ride to the church Function anyway It hurt my feelings she said that my daughter is a typical 3 yr old and her 3yr old son cant be in large groups with kids because he has been known to hit kids kick kids and spit on kids and Pull other Childrens hair!! and he takes toys away from kids even if they are playing with it first to I let it go ...... Because my friend and I got along this summer because we took our kids and did fun stuff and the kids got along just now staring to act differnt and trying to put the blame on my daughter for her kids behavior !! he acted that way long before we hung out with them well tonight we went to church and my daughter was acting out because she was hungry and tired and everything she said oh yep so and so is being a brat and doesnt listen so my son is thinking he can get away with stuff and she said dont be like so and so in front of me to her son I held my toungue once again I dont know think i am ever going to talk to her or hangout I am tired of her trying to make my daughter look like she is a problem Child when her son is the one who is creating havoc All I know is my daughter and I do not deserve this kind of treamtment when we are suppose to be their friends !!!!!!! She is suppose to be a Christian !!! and acts like she is better then she is married to her sons father !!!! and she has a better paying job then me but really she isnt innocent either she got pregnant and then after she found out she was pregnant got married so she isnt as innocent as she likes to look like ... My daughter is a typical 3 yr old I am single Mom Raising my daughter on my own without anyones help Her Dad comes to see her once in awhile but thats better then nothing because he works all the time i am just now finding out how two faced she really is !!!!! I am thinking i am going to end this friend ship !!! I am tired of feeling like my daughter or being victumized !! by her made to look like we are stupid and like we dont know anything ! I had to get this off my chest because right now i am just really angry and hurt that a so called friend could treat me like this and my daughter
by on Oct. 10, 2012 at 11:25 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
lov1nlif3
by on Oct. 10, 2012 at 11:33 PM
1 mom liked this

uggghhh...i hate two face hypocritical people. It sounds like you should defiantely end the friendship. Obviously the comments she is making in regards to your daughter is making you second guess yourself as a Mom. You should be PROUD of being a single mother...its hard work. And wow...3 year olds are going to act like 3 year olds. Ridiculous!!! If she was such a perfect person she would know how to control her own child and not be immature by blaming another 3 year old!!! If I were you...(I can NEVER bite my tongue) I would tell her to use the money from her well paying job to sign herself and her husband up for parenting classes...obviously they cant control their son if he is spitting on what not.

LuckyMom4eva
by on Oct. 10, 2012 at 11:49 PM

Exactly I agree she acts like she is worlds perfect mother and  everything and she knows everything there is to know about kids and how to disiplin  kids to she was telling me how  i need to raise my daughter heck she was telling my best friend  who also hangouts out with her from time to time not as much as i did how to raise her kids and she was a mom 4 years before both of us had our children  she irratates the heck out of me talkin about how my friend  is so stupid because  she has gotten pregnant  2 times in 2 yrs and is pregnant again with her 4th kid and  I  dont see how its any of her buisness anyway she isnt  my friends mother so she hass no right to judge her either oh well i have tonz of friends it wont hurt me to lose one and we are all adults here !!!!!!!!!  I think all Children are blessings !!!  I  should have known she would talk like that  about  pple when she was talkin about my best friend but i would always stick up for my friend and  tell her  that  It really wasnt our buisness what she does !!!!!!   or how  many kids she has !!! but yeah after tonight I just dont want to deal with  her anymore !!!!!  I  dont want my kid to be bullied !!!!!!   the way she acts her son  probaly would be acting the same way toward ppl  I am proud to be a single Mom I have been one for 4 yrs   Its just my daughter and I  Most of the time she is my best friend  and my heart and soul  I dont need negative ppl in our lives

ProudMama011613
by Member on Oct. 11, 2012 at 1:12 AM
2 moms liked this

I am a Christian myself, so I have some particular thoughts on this matter..Ok, I see that it could hurt your feelings and cause you to be defensive of your daughter to have someone talk like that, especialy someone that you put your trust into.  However, you yourself are also a Christian, and pointing out someone else's faults is not our place.  If she is being untruthful, and in fact saying one thing when the exact opposite is true, then that is her sin and her burden.  Don't give in to her sin, and let yourself be tricked into talking in a hurtful way.  It's our job to display our lives and our actions showing the world who Jesus is, and telling the message He came to send us.  We need to try to fashion ourselves after how Jesus lived and the way He thinks.  It's between her and God to deal with her sin, and it is your place to continue to devote yourself to God's word, and putting His holy words into actions every day.  I understand your predicament, and I am sorry that you feel hurt, and you have a righteous anger towards the situation now, and that's understandable.  But don't let your righteous anger turn into unrighteous revenge.  Think of her with love and pray for her that God will speak to her heart about these things.  God Bless <3

mysono1
by on Oct. 11, 2012 at 7:12 AM
1 mom liked this
No body is too big to make you feel bad. No matter who that person is. Such a woman cannot be called your friend stAy away as much as possible but don't make enemies.
devynsmommy09
by on Oct. 11, 2012 at 7:41 AM
If she puts you down all the time, she isnt really your friend. Kick her butt to the curb.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
otoole
by Bronze Member on Oct. 11, 2012 at 8:38 AM

brush it off. don't let her think you are a bad mom, your doing a good job. keep her as a friend but keep a distance at the sametime.

TornadoMara
by on Oct. 12, 2012 at 8:49 AM
1 mom liked this

Children are a blessing.  They are put on this earth for a reason.  My married friends have a habit of pointing out that my daughter, she's 4, is a brat.  In some ways she is but she's also well behaved 92% of the time.  I can honostly say the only time she acts up in public is if she's really tired or not feeling good.  I had to bring her to work with me one day.  I got her up at 5:15 am so that I could make it to my job in DC on time and we were there until 6:30 pm.  Not once did my daughter throw a fit in front of my co-workers.  It wasn't until around 5:30 pm that she started her "I'm really tired and need a nap" meltdown.  My best friend's daughter is the same age as mine but I've had moments where I've wanted to go find a paddle and show her the old school way of discipline.  The difference between my child and my friend's child is my child doesn't do anything that really warrants discipline.  If my child ever acted the way that little boy does she would have a sore bottom and her nose in a corner.

MeeshMom
by Platinum Member on Oct. 12, 2012 at 9:02 AM
I am a Christian as well and have dealt with people like this. And honestly there are gonna be members of the church and so called friends who will judge you because they are clouded by what they perceive to be "right" when we all know as Christians that being judge mental, jealous, and spreading gossip among other things are sinful. This is because nobody is perfect and church isn't for the perfect thats for sure! Jesus took in and cared for all those who were rejected by society. Just because someone sins different doesn't make anyone better or worse off. All that matters is your faith in Christ. You should let your friend know in a calm way that it was rude of her to trash talk your child considering all kids at age 3 including her own are not gonna be perfect at behaving. Then you have a choice to associate with her or not. Don't be the bitch but let her know she hurt your feelings and if she has a problem then she isn't a true friend. Lots of people say they are Christian but don't walk the walk. Don't let someone like that hinder your journey with The Lord. Pray about it and ask for the right words and then talk it out.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
faerie75
by Ruby Member on Oct. 12, 2012 at 12:14 PM

what i dont get is why would you hold your tongue if someone is calling your kid a name? im sorry but its not making a scene, its correcting a shit talker and not being walked on.

steviechick
by on Oct. 12, 2012 at 2:04 PM

Quoting faerie75:

what i dont get is why would you hold your tongue if someone is calling your kid a name? im sorry but its not making a scene, its correcting a shit talker and not being walked on.

LOL!  ; )

I was invited to a church by a friend of mine.  I went to two visits and on the second visit my friend told me about all the backstabbing going on with some women of the church.  And, these women she was describing to me were in positions of welcoming new members to the church.  I realized that this church wasn't my kind of church.   I wanted to actually BE welcomed and not have to deal with stepping on anyones toes.  I've dealt with that kind of BS when I was in junior high and working at a big company.  Women just can't get along when there are big groups of them.  And, Christian women I find it hard to believe but in this case it's the same thing.  

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN