Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Single Moms Single Moms

repeatedly coming over unannounced

Posted by   + Show Post
My dd father has only came over to see her a handful a times. And he always pops up unannounced and in the late evening or at night! I have told him if you wanna come over and see her call and I will tell you when is a good time. there times he's come over sunlight calling and also brought ppl with him. Today he came at 8 my dad let him in while I finally got my dd to sleep although I did,not know. I went to the living room im like what are you doing baby is sleep you didn't call it's night so leave. He just had this stupid blank expression on his face but I thought he got the point so I jumped in the shower got settled down I go out and that bone head was sitting out on the couch. I say what are you doing? Leave!,he gets up then slowLY puts on his jacket then leaves. Didn't even bring dd and diapers or anything. He's brought her one small pack since she's been born she's 4 mos. Ugh this guy is not smart *sigh* any one go through this?, I would like to set up set visitation days though im sure he won't follow it and will continue popping up unannounced I just want him to go away!
by on Oct. 11, 2012 at 12:17 AM
Replies (21-25):
Robsessed98
by on Oct. 11, 2012 at 8:26 PM
Agree with this. You need to get court ordered visitation and child support.

Quoting Ashbeth1978:

Don't allow him in the house & tell your dad not to allow him in the house when he shows up unannounced. Maybe he'll get the point then.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mhaney03
by on Oct. 12, 2012 at 12:04 AM

I have TRIED to set up a visitation schedule with ex shithead but he never sticks to it and if he does show up he's 2 hours later.  I have stopped asking him to spend time with them.  if he says he's coming and he's more than 10 minutes late then we make other plans and leave.  I have spent entire weekends in the hosue waiting for him to show up then I have to be the bad guy telling the kids he's not coming.  Nope, not doing that anymore.  I don't even tell them when he's coming at all. they don't know anything until he shows up.  He didn't see them at all this past weekend and last week it was for only an hour.  It's okay though, they couldn't give less of a shit if he's dead or alive and he has only himself to blame.

LifeCafe42
by Nora on Oct. 12, 2012 at 12:09 AM
Your dad needs to have your back and not let him in
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mz23
by Bronze Member on Oct. 12, 2012 at 1:19 AM
Quoting LifeCafe42:

Your dad needs to have your back and not let him in

my family has some communication issues But ill def have to that it's cool direct and tell him don't let him in unless I say he's.coming.and.
mz23
by Bronze Member on Oct. 12, 2012 at 1:37 AM
Quoting mhaney03:

I have TRIED to set up a visitation schedule with ex shithead but he never sticks to it and if he does show up he's 2 hours later.  I have stopped asking him to spend time with them.  if he says he's coming and he's more than 10 minutes late then we make other plans and leave.  I have spent entire weekends in the hosue waiting for him to show up then I have to be the bad guy telling the kids he's not coming.  Nope, not doing that anymore.  I don't even tell them when he's coming at all. they don't know anything until he shows up.  He didn't see them at all this past weekend and last week it was for only an hour.  It's okay though, they couldn't give less of a shit if he's dead or alive
and he has only himself to blame.

Your right. These guys mess around and aren't really there for them. They can only blame themselves. When our children are old enough, they'll see their father in their true light and they may not want anything to do with them. I truly believe that most men at some point, maybe on their deathbed, will regret it. And even though us single mothers have out struggles we know that we have done our best for our babies; wed never turn our backs on them. and I can't stand the wishyvwashy jerks. One day he acts all concerned about his baby but yet doesn't provide anything for her and then months go by without coming around or even an inquiry. Just sad.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN