Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Single Moms Single Moms

Daddy

Posted by on Oct. 11, 2012 at 2:42 AM
  • 17 Replies
So I think I already messed up. My friend has been coming over a good bit with his daughter and she says daddy a lot I thought I would have time he's only two to figure out what to say when he starts asking questions. Apparently not. So he asked me why he doesn't have a daddy and I said because hes a boy and I'm a girl so you have a mommy not a daddy. It just popped out. Any suggestions what I should say next time? I don't want to say your daddys a loser who walked out on us.. But I want to tell him the truth
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Oct. 11, 2012 at 2:42 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
lissetteP
by Silver Member on Oct. 11, 2012 at 3:00 AM
1 mom liked this
tell him his dad wasn't ready to be a parent but hes a very lucky boy because he has a mommy and family who love him very much
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
SASSYCJB
by on Oct. 11, 2012 at 3:03 AM
Ugh
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
alkbco
by on Oct. 11, 2012 at 3:59 AM
That sounds good. But another thought when he gets older should I tell him more? not talk bad about his father but explain why I never allowed him to see him? ( drugs drinking abusive TPO eyc..)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
alkbco
by on Oct. 11, 2012 at 3:59 AM
*etc
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Mommyto2LilMen
by Tina on Oct. 11, 2012 at 5:41 AM
Yes!

Quoting lissetteP:

tell him his dad wasn't ready to be a parent but hes a very lucky boy because he has a mommy and family who love him very much
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
faerie75
by Ruby Member on Oct. 11, 2012 at 1:52 PM

just tell him his dad cant be there for reasons you dont know. dont talk down about him but dont talk him up either, and be tactfully honest.

easinpc
by Gold Member on Oct. 11, 2012 at 1:54 PM

I agree with this!

Quoting faerie75:

just tell him his dad cant be there for reasons you dont know. dont talk down about him but dont talk him up either, and be tactfully honest.

Robsessed98
by on Oct. 11, 2012 at 8:38 PM
Just tell him that his daddy does not live with yall and thats hes away. He doesnt need to know more than that at this point. Dont say anything negative about his father though.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
FilmmakerMom
by on Oct. 11, 2012 at 8:44 PM
1 mom liked this

my 4 year old does sometimes ask (the 3 year old twins have NO clue who "daddy" is... sad how only one year made a huge difference in my boys lives... but my eldest was told by me that not all Daddys live with their mommies and their boys... and it has worked out just fine... we actually live in a very "traditional" community and while most kids in his pre-K class have "intact" families, there is a recent divorce where teh dad moved out before he turned 3 with a 1.5 yr old other sibling...and there is another boy in his class whose mom was IVF with a sperm donor...she may have a harder time dealing with this question...she's been avoiding it.  But for us to other moms, we have chosen this route that not all Daddys have to live at home...and it is working just fine... Good Luck!

alkbco
by on Oct. 11, 2012 at 11:44 PM
I would never talk bad about their dad but I do at some point want them to understand why I left him and why I "kept" them away from him for awhile I don't want them to hate me for it
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN