Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Single Moms Single Moms
Why do I listen to what people say? Why do I let it bother me like it does? I know that I shouldn't it doesn't matter what people say about being a young mom but what if it's true. What if I don't do all my goals? what if really I am a bad mom because I kept my daughter and now we are struggling just to make it by? I don't want to believe what people say but....I just think about it all the time when someone tells me that I am not good enough, or I am not a good mom, or I'll never make it in this world because I had my baby early in my life I believe them. I have been doing it for almost 5 years but now it's all different I worked but I was not providing for the house hold. My daughters father did now I am doing it all. I need to not listen to anyone but that's a challenge...Knowwhat I mean?

Thanks for reading....as you can tell I need support.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Oct. 11, 2012 at 9:39 AM
Replies (31-34):
mrsary
by Silver Member on Oct. 11, 2012 at 6:15 PM

I used to feel the same way until this post! I was really discouraged. Thank you for your honesty on here. We are bad parents to others who think they can do better, but in reality we love our kids and are doing the best we can which makes us better than what others think. Of course people who criticize us can do better, they aren't doing it alone!!

Quoting erinmomofone:

I am sorry to hear that. I am sure your trying your best for them. I don't know how common it is....I feel like its only me being told I am a bad parent.

Quoting mrsary:

yes. I don't have good control over my kids (ages 2,4, & 7) and we were away from home about 13 hours a day. They are staying with my father who is retired along with a couple of my sisters helping. My kids are more disciplined now & making better grades. Of course I am constantly being put down because how terrible I was doing. Honestly, I did my best. If u are going through this too then it must be common. *shrugging shoulders in confusion*

Quoting erinmomofone:

Are you serious?

Quoting mrsary:

being called a bad mom must be common, cause my family tells me I am all the time!!! I let my kids stay with them awhile and now they won't give them back. My father even said if I keep up how I am CPS will take the kids and it's nothing any of us will be able to do about it. smh.

erinmomofone
by on Oct. 11, 2012 at 6:21 PM
I am glad I am not the only one. I love my daughter and I am sure you love you kids too....some just don't understand..don't get discouraged.

Quoting mrsary:

I used to feel the same way until this post! I was really discouraged. Thank you for your honesty on here. We are bad parents to others who think they can do better, but in reality we love our kids and are doing the best we can which makes us better than what others think. Of course people who criticize us can do better, they aren't doing it alone!!

Quoting erinmomofone:

I am sorry to hear that. I am sure your trying your best for them. I don't know how common it is....I feel like its only me being told I am a bad parent.

Quoting mrsary:

yes. I don't have good control over my kids (ages 2,4, & 7) and we were away from home about 13 hours a day. They are staying with my father who is retired along with a couple of my sisters helping. My kids are more disciplined now & making better grades. Of course I am constantly being put down because how terrible I was doing. Honestly, I did my best. If u are going through this too then it must be common. *shrugging shoulders in confusion*

Quoting erinmomofone:

Are you serious?

Quoting mrsary:

being called a bad mom must be common, cause my family tells me I am all the time!!! I let my kids stay with them awhile and now they won't give them back. My father even said if I keep up how I am CPS will take the kids and it's nothing any of us will be able to do about it. smh.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
erinmomofone
by on Oct. 11, 2012 at 8:59 PM
Why am I thinking about what people said about/to me?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
simplyamazing3
by on Oct. 16, 2012 at 1:40 PM

Quoting erinmomofone:

Yeah but when she grows up will she still understand?

Quoting moosesmom:

Do you hear what you're saying? Re-read your entire post. People have been doubling but for the last 5 years you've managed to do alright by your daughter. If anything you're a great mom. You're doing what needs to be done to make sure she has food, clothing, and love!! That's more than other moms can say. People WILL ALWAYS have something to say...keep doing you :-)

yea she will understand keep up the good work

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)