Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Single Moms Single Moms

seperation

Posted by on Oct. 11, 2012 at 9:49 AM
  • 15 Replies

Hey everyone.. Im a single mom but at the moment i am at job corps and my mom is watching my daughter. its only till im done with this schooling. My mom uses it against me and threatens that i shouldnt be there for my kid because some nights i cant call because of one of the jobs im involved in and the meetings i have that are at night time. i try to call early in the day but half the time she dont pick up. my daughter at times i dont speak to her cry for mommy. i need some advice on what to do. and i miss her like crazy but my moms not able to drive 6 hours to see me so i can see my daughter. idk how to feel or what to do about the situation.. HEEELLLLLPPP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! please

by on Oct. 11, 2012 at 9:49 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
devynsmommy09
by on Oct. 11, 2012 at 9:59 AM

OMG, that has to be hard!  I thought about going into the military for a while but I'm not sure I could handle being away from DS that long!

Hmm...do you have a computer?  Can you set up skype visits with your daughter a few times a week?  Can you mail her letters for your mom to read or pictures? 

easinpc
by Gold Member on Oct. 11, 2012 at 1:49 PM
1 mom liked this

Hugs!

amonkeymom
by Gold Member on Oct. 11, 2012 at 3:17 PM
1 mom liked this

Skype is a good idea.

I can't imagine how much you must miss your little girl. hugs

Quoting devynsmommy09:

OMG, that has to be hard!  I thought about going into the military for a while but I'm not sure I could handle being away from DS that long!

Hmm...do you have a computer?  Can you set up skype visits with your daughter a few times a week?  Can you mail her letters for your mom to read or pictures? 

steviechick
by on Oct. 11, 2012 at 3:22 PM

Military always skypes with their extended families.  Are you able to set something like this up?

brieri
by Platinum Member on Oct. 11, 2012 at 5:12 PM

Hi and welcome to the group.

Write a letter and send it.

Robsessed98
by on Oct. 11, 2012 at 8:30 PM
I know its hard being away, but you ddecinitely need go stay and graduate. Give your mom your schedule and call at prearranged times, skype and write her letters.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
simplyamazing3
by on Oct. 16, 2012 at 1:37 PM

my mom wont do nothin on my schedule its her way or no way tho i have meetings and things to do...... i try to call in advance befor my meetings yet never works. now she says its probally best for me not to talk to my lil girl everyday that leave it up to my kid to see is she wants to call or not but in all honesty idk what to do especially if its hearing my voice yet not seeing me for months thats getten her throw her temper tantums. im conteplating on what to do skype is good but no wireless only computers thru school

simplyamazing3
by on Oct. 16, 2012 at 1:38 PM

Quoting devynsmommy09:

no i cant im 6 hours away from her and mymom wont drive here to bring her says its too much gas even for once a month

steviechick
by on Oct. 16, 2012 at 2:33 PM

Perhaps you can ask for some leave?  Is that possible?  How long is this training?  Other than calling or skype there's really no other way to communicate without technology or until you can physically get away from your base.

simplyamazing3
by on Oct. 17, 2012 at 1:44 PM

i can but id have to pay for transportation so im stuck on that part. it wouldnt be as bad if my mom knew how to communicate better and work on it with me but she dont and its fustrating

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN