Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Single Moms Single Moms

Moms with Daughters

Posted by on Oct. 11, 2012 at 1:01 PM
  • 14 Replies

Hi everyone! My name is Victoria, I was just wondering if anyone knew any activities and or crafts that moms and daughters can do together? Any tips would be greatly appreciated! Thanks!

by on Oct. 11, 2012 at 1:01 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
easinpc
by Gold Member on Oct. 11, 2012 at 1:37 PM

I have a son but here's a bump for ya!

erinmomofone
by on Oct. 11, 2012 at 1:47 PM
2 moms liked this
How old is she? My daughter is 4 we do spa days, make jewelry, color, shaving cream activities.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
sid1083
by Silver Member on Oct. 11, 2012 at 2:23 PM

Off topic & totally not related to your post, but I like the color of your hair in your profile pic!

Depending on your daughter's age, spa days (either out or at home), tea parties, window shopping, take a short trip somewhere and both fill a disposable (or digital) camera and use the pics to create a collage or a memory page, see a play at a local high school (cheaper than a professional production).

steviechick
by Gold Member on Oct. 11, 2012 at 2:38 PM

Depending on the age, if she's under let's say 7 I would do an arts project.  My DD and I loved to go to Micheal's and pick out all kinds of artsy things to do.  There are a lot of creative things to do on a rainy day or upcoming cold days.  Hobby Lobby is also a good place to check out the arts and crafts.  We did a lot of door hanging projects together, too.  You can always do an organizational project with your DD.  There are tons of ideas to come up with if you just walk around the store. 

amonkeymom
by Gold Member on Oct. 11, 2012 at 3:18 PM
1 mom liked this

Hi Victoria,

How old is your daughter?  

My daughter (15) and I enjoy shopping, manis/pedis, going for walks together, movies, we talk about books, etc.  

vfrancis
by on Oct. 11, 2012 at 5:01 PM

Quoting erinmomofone:

How old is she? My daughter is 4 we do spa days, make jewelry, color, shaving cream activities.

She's six. I feel like we need to have more 'bonding' moments. I went and picked up some different colored ribbons and some plain hair clips to make homemade hair bows, but I would like to find some other ideas too. We did our nails together last night, we do that every once in a blue moon. Do you just make jewelry out of beads and string or do you do other things?

vfrancis
by on Oct. 11, 2012 at 5:05 PM

Quoting sid1083:

Off topic & totally not related to your post, but I like the color of your hair in your profile pic!

Depending on your daughter's age, spa days (either out or at home), tea parties, window shopping, take a short trip somewhere and both fill a disposable (or digital) camera and use the pics to create a collage or a memory page, see a play at a local high school (cheaper than a professional production).

Oh thanks! My sister was going to beauty school there for a little while and decided to test my hair with red. I had it like that for almost a year, but over the summer I changed it back to dark brown. :)

Great idea about the collage! The local plays would be neat too!

zagomez
by on Oct. 11, 2012 at 5:07 PM
1 mom liked this

my daughter is only 2 and a half, and we cook together (she dosent really cook just on the counter making a big mess), pait our nails together, do each others hairs, make crafts, paint, read and sing. anything can be fun

brieri
by on Oct. 11, 2012 at 5:10 PM
1 mom liked this

Stamping, picture taking, walk around the neighborhood, go the local parks and museums,pick up some fall leaves, pick flowers to place in a vase.  Baking, cooking, etc.  Setting a nice table for the two of you to enjoy eating together, etc.. 

MommysTimeOut5
by on Oct. 11, 2012 at 5:16 PM
1 mom liked this

Me and my daughter bond the most while reading books together. We read a book and either draw a picture or write our own story. (yea we are geeky)

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)