Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Single Moms Single Moms

Moms with Daughters

Posted by   + Show Post

Hi everyone! My name is Victoria, I was just wondering if anyone knew any activities and or crafts that moms and daughters can do together? Any tips would be greatly appreciated! Thanks!

by on Oct. 11, 2012 at 1:01 PM
Replies (11-14):
sid1083
by Silver Member on Oct. 11, 2012 at 5:24 PM

That's awesome!

Quoting MommysTimeOut5:

or write our own story.

erinmomofone
by on Oct. 11, 2012 at 5:26 PM
1 mom liked this
Well she's a little older then mine. We do noodle jewlery as well as beads. Also she loves noodle art were you paint noodles and let it dry then make things on a piece of paper. Also shaving cream painting is fun.(shaving cream, food coloring, glue) If you don't mind getting messy you could make slim or oobleck. Homemade bows sounds so fun. Also you could take lots of photos and put them in a book. My daughter likes to play outside so we do sidewalk chalk.

Quoting vfrancis:

Quoting erinmomofone:

How old is she? My daughter is 4 we do spa days, make jewelry, color, shaving cream activities.

She's six. I feel like we need to have more 'bonding' moments. I went and picked up some different colored ribbons and some plain hair clips to make homemade hair bows, but I would like to find some other ideas too. We did our nails together last night, we do that every once in a blue moon. Do you just make jewelry out of beads and string or do you do other things?

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
vfrancis
by on Oct. 11, 2012 at 5:29 PM

Quoting steviechick:

Depending on the age, if she's under let's say 7 I would do an arts project.  My DD and I loved to go to Micheal's and pick out all kinds of artsy things to do.  There are a lot of creative things to do on a rainy day or upcoming cold days.  Hobby Lobby is also a good place to check out the arts and crafts.  We did a lot of door hanging projects together, too.  You can always do an organizational project with your DD.  There are tons of ideas to come up with if you just walk around the store. 

I wish we had a Michael's or Jo-annes here. Next time I got out of town I am going to look for one to find different things, good idea.

Robsessed98
by on Oct. 11, 2012 at 7:57 PM
How old is your dd? im guessing shes pretty young? My dds always liked us doing each others hair, nails and makeup. We colored and painted. I cant even guess at how many craft sets I bought. Of course we always played with Barbies and dolls. I could go on all night...
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN