Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Single Moms Single Moms

If you could, would you?

Posted by on Oct. 11, 2012 at 5:16 PM
  • 11 Replies

I was reading a blog relating to a mom who tattooed her child.

If your minor child asked if she could be tattooed, would you have it done?  Or would you consider it abuse? 

by on Oct. 11, 2012 at 5:16 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
faerie75
by Ruby Member on Oct. 11, 2012 at 5:21 PM

i dont consider it abuse if the kid is a teen and chooses to have one but i would not allow my kid to get one. kids choose dumb shit and also change so much as they mature into adults, and tattoos are pretty much forever. laser removal is painful and expensive.

Krystle21
by Bronze Member on Oct. 11, 2012 at 5:21 PM
I wouldn't do it. They'd have to wait til they're 18
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Teenmommy1119
by on Oct. 11, 2012 at 5:23 PM
I waited till I was 18 to get mine because my mom didn't like them BUT depending on what they wanted & where they wanted it I'd consider it earlier :)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
vfrancis
by on Oct. 11, 2012 at 5:34 PM

I wouldn't consider it abuse, but I probably wouldn't allow him/her to do it because I think that needs to be a more adult situation and would let them make that decision when they are old enough. I have two tattoos and I still love them, but that doesn't mean they will when they get older.

erinmomofone
by on Oct. 11, 2012 at 5:39 PM
I wouldn't consider it abuse. My daughter will be waiting till she's 18 to get one unless its something meaningful that she'll never regret. Then she can make the choice what to do. I have one tattoo and that's my daughter name and birthday when I was 16.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Robsessed98
by on Oct. 11, 2012 at 5:59 PM
I dont consider it abuse if it is a teenager, but I think under most circumstances it should be for teens either. A tat is something that should be thought through for a long time because once its done you cant change your mind. When they are that young their taste and opinions change too often and they would regret it when they grew up. My 16 y/o old wants one with her sons name on it. I cant see her ever regretting that so I told her she can do it at 17 so she has several months to create the design.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
MsLogansMommy
by on Oct. 11, 2012 at 7:24 PM

I read an article in the newspaper a while back about a father who was in a gang and had his 5 year old son tattooed with their gang symbol would you consider that abuse?

erinmomofone
by on Oct. 11, 2012 at 7:25 PM
I think so.

Quoting MsLogansMommy:

I read an article in the newspaper a while back about a father who was in a gang and had his 5 year old son tattooed with their gang symbol would you consider that abuse?

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
erinmomofone
by on Oct. 11, 2012 at 7:26 PM
I have my daughter's name and my mom let me get it when I was 16 years old.

Quoting Robsessed98:

I dont consider it abuse if it is a teenager, but I think under most circumstances it should be for teens either. A tat is something that should be thought through for a long time because once its done you cant change your mind. When they are that young their taste and opinions change too often and they would regret it when they grew up. My 16 y/o old wants one with her sons name on it. I cant see her ever regretting that so I told her she can do it at 17 so she has several months to create the design.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
MsLogansMommy
by on Oct. 11, 2012 at 7:30 PM

I definitely think tattooing a 5 year old is abuse and im not sure i know any professional tattoo artist that would even consider doing it. Teenagers I think it just depends on the situation I dont think I would let my dd get a Tattoo but I really think it depends on what she wants to get her reasons why where on her body etc its something I would have to think about

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)