Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Child Custody in New Mexico

Posted by on Oct. 11, 2012 at 6:02 PM
  • 7 Replies

I was trying to be nice and civil and just do things like a parenting plan with my ex. I know it's not really fair that I've been allowing my son to be with him most every weekend. We've been doing this since August. I live in New Mexico and I don't know what I need to do about filing custody. We were never married so I'm not sure what I need to do. Does anyone live in New Mexico and gone through this?

by on Oct. 11, 2012 at 6:02 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
Robsessed98
by on Oct. 11, 2012 at 6:24 PM
The first thing you need to do is find an attorney (check with legal aid if cant afford one) and file for custody and child support as soon as you can. Its great that you and he could agree on a plan, that doesnt mean youll agree tomorrow and a courr order is kind of like an insurance policy to protect your child.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
faerie75
by Ruby Member on Oct. 11, 2012 at 6:48 PM

i also recommend getting in legally done, but if you are amicable i dont recommend an attorney. in most cases, they want it contentious so you will fight and they make more of your money.

kagegirl
by on Oct. 11, 2012 at 9:41 PM
Used to live there and know the laws Peru thorough. First, is he on the birth certificate? Second, how long ago did the deportation happen. Aw hell, just pm me and I'll give you my number. Easier over the phone.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mamalena137
by Bronze Member on Oct. 12, 2012 at 11:08 AM

kagegirl, I think you might be a little confused. I live in the US, New Mexico is a state between Texas and Arizona. There's no deportation o anything.

mamalena137
by Bronze Member on Oct. 12, 2012 at 11:12 AM

Thank you all, I am going to get this done legally. I need to talk to my ex and see what we can do.

kagegirl
by on Oct. 12, 2012 at 12:48 PM
Want me confused, was my Swype keyboard. I am born and raised from taos. At any rate,.pm me, and I can more than help.

Quoting mamalena137:

kagegirl, I think you might be a little confused. I live in the US, New Mexico is a state between Texas and Arizona. There's no deportation o anything.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mamalena137
by Bronze Member on Oct. 12, 2012 at 3:55 PM

Sorry about that kagegirl. I actually went to the court to get the paperwork and they have a workshop on the 20th of this month. I can get some help from paralegals and such. Thanks all though for your help.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)