Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Single Moms Single Moms

Do you have visitation....

Posted by on Oct. 11, 2012 at 9:59 PM
  • 41 Replies
set up or agreed upon w/you LOs father?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Oct. 11, 2012 at 9:59 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Andrewsmom70
by Silver Member on Oct. 11, 2012 at 10:14 PM
Yep and have since not long after he was born.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Stephd710
by Silver Member on Oct. 11, 2012 at 10:23 PM
2 moms liked this
Yes. We agreed before the divorce and wrote our agreement into the divorce papers.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
NananRaysmom
by Bronze Member on Oct. 11, 2012 at 10:30 PM
1 mom liked this
We do it without the courts. Pretty much I have them the most like I want...and he sees them when I say he can.

I feel like he should be in their lives...but...I didn't ruin our relationship. He did. I'm not going to suffer and be away from my kids every other weekend..or anymore than I want to.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
devynsmommy09
by on Oct. 11, 2012 at 10:41 PM
We set up visitation in mediation but it isnt official unless a judge signs it. My ex rarely tries to see DS anyway.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
cklamour
by on Oct. 11, 2012 at 10:45 PM
Puuuuuuleeeezzz...LOL! My sperm donor has NEVER laid eyes on my son. However, I was fearful for like two seconds that he would want visitation when I took him for CS. That didn't happen 😁
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Robsessed98
by on Oct. 11, 2012 at 10:49 PM
We agreed on it when we separated and made it legal during the divorce. Its been 16 years and it never changed.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Zacknalexmom
by on Oct. 11, 2012 at 11:06 PM
No. It is court ordered in the divorce through my attorny and judge,that my ex gets no visitation until his does court referral drug testing and anger managment and then if he complies with that he can petition the court for visitation with the kids. Um,its been 6 years now and my ex refuses to do any of that. So he has no visitation. His loss.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
MIMIBRIE
by Jayme on Oct. 11, 2012 at 11:52 PM
For my older girls he has visitation but doesn't see them. With my LO I didn't even bother with the cs bc I didn't want the same to happen to her like her sisters
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
SaraSnider
by on Oct. 11, 2012 at 11:59 PM
O this gives me hope! My dd's dad has yet to drive the 40 miles to see her and she is almost 17months old. Im going for cs and am scared he will jump in and get over nights or what not if he takes me to get visitation :( i dont mind him coming in to her life but i want to be around when he sees her.

Quoting cklamour:

Puuuuuuleeeezzz...LOL! My sperm donor has NEVER laid eyes on my son. However, I was fearful for like two seconds that he would want visitation when I took him for CS. That didn't happen 😁

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mhaney03
by on Oct. 11, 2012 at 11:59 PM

In the divorce papers that *I* wrote I have complete control over the hows and whens and whys and he signed off on it.  I have complete custody and he signed off on that, too.

With visition, right now, I have an open door policy with him and he barely visits them an hour a week.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN