Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Single Moms Single Moms

Putting him back on child support (VENT)

Posted by on Oct. 12, 2012 at 12:37 AM
  • 8 Replies

Got a form in the mail yesterday from the child support office. It's a form requesting my assistance in locating my ex. Normally, I wouldn't look twice at this form but considering recent events between him and I as well as notice on the form that non-cooperation could result in closure of my case, I've decided to put my ex back on child support.

2 years ago when I took him off of child support I did it because my ex had told me about his daughter and how she was born prematurely and I felt in my heart that it was the right thing to take him off of his newly increased child support, so that he could be there for/with his daughter.

Fast forward to the past year or so and I've realized that he's not trying to get himself together and that maybe he needs a little motivation to go find a job. As of now when I suspended his payments, he was supposed to be paying on his arrears at a rate of $50.00 a month. His last payment in September was $40 and before that he hadn't paid since April. I have proof (through a text he sent me) that he has been employed although he claims to have since been laid off.

Last week he decided to call and curse me out as well as threaten to "do something harsh to me" and "have ***** come beat me up" (a girl we used to go to high school with, who I haven't spoke to in years) I have this all recorded. I told him the next time he wants to see my son he can take me to court.

I don't want my son to hear him calling me names and everything in public, because when my ex gets mad he doesn't care who's around and my son doesn't need that exposure. To top that off, my ex and I got into an argument, he started running his mouth so I started running mine. He made some comment about s**k my ****, I told him to get his fiance to do it.

He went back and told her what I said and she sent me a message on FB calling me a b*t*h and saying how I need to keep her name out conversations. I have decided to fill out this form in it's entirety as well as go to my case worker and show her the text message proving that he had a job. I'm tired of dealing with his disrespectful B.S.

by on Oct. 12, 2012 at 12:37 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-8):
charliebean
by on Oct. 12, 2012 at 12:39 AM
1 mom liked this
Good for you. Assholes don't deserve breaks.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
devynsmommy09
by on Oct. 12, 2012 at 12:46 AM
Go girl!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
SexyDiva19
by Alexis on Oct. 12, 2012 at 9:10 AM

BUMP!

SexyDiva19
by Alexis on Oct. 12, 2012 at 11:38 AM

Thanks!

Quoting devynsmommy09:

Go girl!

faerie75
by Ruby Member on Oct. 12, 2012 at 11:53 AM

i would never have taken him off. his daughter aint got nothing to do with my sons needs.

SexyDiva19
by Alexis on Oct. 12, 2012 at 12:03 PM

Yea but I felt like given the fact that he wasn't paying it anyway and that their daughter was 3 months early and only weighed 1 pound, I felt like he should be there for her because he wasn't going to pay my son's child support anyways.

Quoting faerie75:

i would never have taken him off. his daughter aint got nothing to do with my sons needs.

Robsessed98
by on Oct. 12, 2012 at 1:57 PM
Exactly what you should do! Good luck.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
SexyDiva19
by Alexis on Oct. 12, 2012 at 2:24 PM
Thanks. Im going to need it because right now he is only reachable through his cell phone. I know the town he stays in but not exactly where he stays

Quoting Robsessed98:

Exactly what you should do! Good luck.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)