Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Single Moms Single Moms

my toddler and i had a convo last night

Posted by on Oct. 12, 2012 at 8:22 AM
  • 6 Replies
Okay so just to let everyone know,, my toddlers dad is not the guy we are talking about...

My 4yo son: I wana go see your boyfriend
Me: mommy doesn't have one
Son: yes, you do
Me: no, mommy doesn't. I promise
Son, yes ---- is
Me: hahahah you think ---- is mommys boyfriend?
Son: yes he is
Me: no, we're not together anymore
Son: but, you love him
-end of convo- I didn't know what to say after that. This guy and I have two kids twogether after my son was two and a half (he's now 4 and the kids we have together are 1 1/2yo and 3mo). We broke up in march and haven't seen much of each other since. I do love him so so so very much, id consider myself lucky if he ever came back and be a part of the family he helped create -but its really him that'd be lucky if I let him come back after the bs-. The rare times we do see each other and the many times we fight over the phone, he always says he can't be mean cause he still cares and still loves me, I don't believe him for the most part cause he continues to run away from both me and the kids.

I didn't know exactly where to post this, I just wanted to share my sad and a bit happy conversation with my 4yo
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Oct. 12, 2012 at 8:22 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
MeeshMom
by Platinum Member on Oct. 12, 2012 at 9:09 AM
Aww I'm sorry. That's gotta be rough to hear from your son. I got back with a ex when my son was 2 so he was the only male who was really active in his life. He was upset when we broke up because he thought that he left us when I really had to dump him cuz he's very verbally and mentally abusive among other problems. Luckily no kids with him. I just have my one. And at age 5 he asks for a baby sibling and tells me I should marry my more recent ex. I don't know if you're looking for advice but I just try to change the subject or say well mommy can't because this person lives far away.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
otoole
by Bronze Member on Oct. 12, 2012 at 12:55 PM
1 mom liked this

your son is so cute, they are so tuned in, more than we realise at times.its hard to know what to say back to him about that.

Robsessed98
by on Oct. 12, 2012 at 1:04 PM
Kids have a way of reminding us about things we wish we could forget. Theres nothing wrong with telling him you still love your ex but that he just cant be your bf anymore.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mommyrebecca
by on Oct. 13, 2012 at 4:46 AM
Ideeed so. I wanted to cry and smile but was quite sure what to say or do. But I am shocked that he thinks we're still together....we broke up in march. So its a surprise to me

Quoting Robsessed98:

Kids have a way of reminding us about things we wish we could forget. Theres nothing wrong with telling him you still love your ex but that he just cant be your bf anymore.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Had3girls
by on Oct. 13, 2012 at 5:04 AM
I agree =/ my 7yr old tells me weekly that she just wants "me and daddy" to be back together ..... we fought constantly and have been split up for 4yrs now ..... I couldn't forget him if I wanted to cause she would b there to remind me =/ its heartbreaking

Quoting Robsessed98:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mommyrebecca
by on Oct. 14, 2012 at 2:31 AM
My oldest just started this a few days ago but its everyday since.. Heart breaking indeed

Quoting Had3girls:

I agree =/ my 7yr old tells me weekly that she just wants "me and daddy" to be back together ..... we fought constantly and have been split up for 4yrs now ..... I couldn't forget him if I wanted to cause she would b there to remind me =/ its heartbreaking

Quoting Robsessed98:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN