Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Single Moms Single Moms

"Is motherhood hard"

Posted by on Oct. 12, 2012 at 7:56 PM
  • 28 Replies
My 15 year old cousin asked me "Is motherhood that hard?" Not sure where she was going with that one haven't heard anything back.

I told her that it is really hard you aren't just worried about yourself but a new person that relies on you every min of the day and night. You can't get a break when your want to. When your sick it doesn't matter because kids come first. Also at her age (which I was a mom at) you have to grow up so fast and can't go out every weekend,go to parties, go to homecoming of prom because you can't find a babysitter. Then again I love being a mom and wouldn't change it.

Now its your turn Is motherhood hard?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Oct. 12, 2012 at 7:56 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Lunarprancer
by Bronze Member on Oct. 12, 2012 at 7:57 PM
Very
rnchelle93
by on Oct. 12, 2012 at 8:01 PM
Yes, and I'm just pregnant, it isn't here yet, and its hard.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
erinmomofone
by on Oct. 12, 2012 at 8:25 PM
Pregnancy was the hardest part for me.

Quoting rnchelle93:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
MsLogansMommy
by on Oct. 12, 2012 at 8:33 PM
1 mom liked this

my experience is just the opposite pregnancy seemed hard until I had the baby and then infancy was excruciating not getting to sleep longer than an hour an a half not getting to shower cause i couldnt put her down long enough and I thought that was the hardest part then she started walking and omg getting into EVERYTHING so i thought it cant get any HARDER than this then she started school and other kids hurt her feelings and my heartbroke when I seen her hurt and i knew this has to be how hard it gets im sure when she is a teen I will have more to add but although some parts of it got harder some parts got easier so I think my biggest issue is that it is a 24/7 job even when she is at school im on call kwim so there is never ever a day when I get a day off the hardest part for me is not being able to have time for myself just quiet time to regroup but its the choice i made and the benefits of motherhood far outweigh the struggles.

Quoting erinmomofone:

Quoting rnchelle93:

PaperClip811
by Silver Member on Oct. 12, 2012 at 8:35 PM
2 moms liked this

for sure, its hard. Worth it! but hard, none the less

erinmomofone
by on Oct. 12, 2012 at 8:37 PM
1 mom liked this
I know what you mean! I wish I had some free time but i don't....it is all ok because I have my baby girl and she's my life.

Quoting MsLogansMommy:

my experience is just the opposite pregnancy seemed hard until I had the baby and then infancy was excruciating not getting to sleep longer than an hour an a half not getting to shower cause i couldnt put her down long enough and I thought that was the hardest part then she started walking and omg getting into EVERYTHING so i thought it cant get any HARDER than this then she started school and other kids hurt her feelings and my heartbroke when I seen her hurt and i knew this has to be how hard it gets im sure when she is a teen I will have more to add but although some parts of it got harder some parts got easier so I think my biggest issue is that it is a 24/7 job even when she is at school im on call kwim so there is never ever a day when I get a day off the hardest part for me is not being able to have time for myself just quiet time to regroup but its the choice i made and the benefits of motherhood far outweigh the struggles.

Quoting erinmomofone:

Quoting rnchelle93:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
erinmomofone
by on Oct. 12, 2012 at 9:13 PM
A totally agree!

Quoting PaperClip811:

for sure, its hard. Worth it! but hard, none the less

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Shelly126
by on Oct. 12, 2012 at 9:39 PM
1 mom liked this
This makes me think of a quote.......to make the decision to have a child- it's momentous. It is to decide forever to have your heart go walking around outside your body!
I thought I knew the meaning of this quote before I became a mother, I really didn't truly know the meaning until I held my boys! It is the hardest job in the world but the best job in the world and it is never ending, once you become a mother, you are a mother for life!
Robsessed98
by on Oct. 12, 2012 at 9:44 PM
Hopefully she was just asking out of curiousity or to make conversation. Shes too young to learn how hard it really is.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
erinmomofone
by on Oct. 12, 2012 at 9:52 PM
I hope so hasn't texted me back so I am not sure....I was there and didn't know how hard it was till I had my daughter.

Quoting Robsessed98:

Hopefully she was just asking out of curiousity or to make conversation. Shes too young to learn how hard it really is.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)