Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Single Moms Single Moms
My 15 year old cousin asked me "Is motherhood that hard?" Not sure where she was going with that one haven't heard anything back.

I told her that it is really hard you aren't just worried about yourself but a new person that relies on you every min of the day and night. You can't get a break when your want to. When your sick it doesn't matter because kids come first. Also at her age (which I was a mom at) you have to grow up so fast and can't go out every weekend,go to parties, go to homecoming of prom because you can't find a babysitter. Then again I love being a mom and wouldn't change it.

Now its your turn Is motherhood hard?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Oct. 12, 2012 at 7:56 PM
Replies (21-28):
Kid_Cat_Mom2005
by on Oct. 13, 2012 at 9:57 AM
1 mom liked this
It depends on income, support system among other things. I was on my own from the day I left the hospital. I had no support system, no income and was on pa. That was hard, knowing I had to rely on the government to help pay the bills. That I couldn't provide for my son--in a way.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
ChgIsGood2012
by on Oct. 13, 2012 at 10:00 AM
1 mom liked this

And one thing I have realized is that motherhood lasts for life. So, it's a journey. And we are 12 years in. I hope that we continue to have more good times and that we can push through the hard. Because it doesn't end when they turn 18 or move out of the house.

And yes, in comparison to other "jobs" like school/work, it's probably the most, um taxing. Simply because it's more than just accomplishing something. We have to come out of ourselves. We are on someone else schedule and we can't just say 'i quit.' When they hurt, we hurt. That's been the hardest part for me. I don't like to see my baby suffer - dealing with this world - bullying, violence, disappointments. Because I don't always know how to deal with it (see, that's the selfishness again, LOL). But, God is with us. So we keep praying and trusting him and as a parent, I do my best to do my part....

deltathree
by Gold Member on Oct. 13, 2012 at 10:24 AM
1 mom liked this

absolutely - hardest job on earth!

Lynnster327
by Member on Oct. 14, 2012 at 11:22 AM
1 mom liked this
Heck yea , not as easy as I thought it would be. I was sick this past week, but still had to take care of dd. no help from anyone and still attending school, I try to set an example for young people and my friends (cause I'm young myself 19) that its better to wait. Having a responsibility for someone else isn't what it's cracked up to be.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mommaof3girls24
by on Oct. 14, 2012 at 11:25 AM

yes its very hard. my oldest has adhd and all 3 of them having learning delays. im learning how to deal with the adhd and all. its hard but very worth it. <3

My Three Angels--Hannah, Kayla, and Gracie <3

shantee225
by on Oct. 14, 2012 at 11:25 AM

Not for me. I love to be with my children. I have support and friends with kids around the age of my child.  I don't look at my kids as a burden when I'm sick and they go to bed at a steady time so I get "alone time". I might be crazy, but I love my life.

Zacknalexmom
by on Oct. 14, 2012 at 11:26 AM
I think it's what you make of it. For me the hardest part is struggling financially. I'm a divorced single mom and I'm in my 30's. I also think it's harder for the younger parent's. Just because their young and don't know what their doing. Maturity comes with age.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Mommyto2LilMen
by Tina on Oct. 14, 2012 at 11:34 AM
1 mom liked this
It's to most rewarding, fulfilling 'job' I've had in my life. I wouldn't want it any other way.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN