Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Single Moms Single Moms

Ridiculous mindset

Posted by on Oct. 12, 2012 at 10:55 PM
  • 34 Replies
Ladies, do u ever wonder why some men take on full fledged responsibility to a child/children that aren't biologically his, but can't get him to buy a jar of Gerber for his own flesh and blood? Im having a very difficult time trying to see the logic in this. It really bothers me to witness this and knowing he could care less what happens to his own child as long as his spot with the "other" lover is safe.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Oct. 12, 2012 at 10:55 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
brieri
by Platinum Member on Oct. 12, 2012 at 11:03 PM

Am I reading this correct;  you have a man in your life who is not taking care of his children?  amazing!   

MsLogansMommy
by on Oct. 12, 2012 at 11:03 PM
1 mom liked this

I know exactly what you mean and the only answer I can come up with is they arent really into the other child but want to put on a show for the mother so basically the other woman is more important than their own child smh I have given up trying to figure men out it gives me a headache

Andrewsmom70
by Silver Member on Oct. 12, 2012 at 11:05 PM
1 mom liked this
Same reason some moms put their own wants/desires before the welfare of their kids- parading all sorts of sorry ass men in and out of the house and bedroom. Or picking drugs and/or alcohol and/or cigarettes over getting their kids what they NEED. Plain out selfishness.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
ShelliThunda
by on Oct. 12, 2012 at 11:06 PM
No actually, Im the parent of his biological child he's doing absolutely nothing for

Quoting brieri:

Am I reading this correct;  you have a man in your life who is not taking care of his children?  amazing!   

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
ShelliThunda
by on Oct. 12, 2012 at 11:12 PM
Im soo with you on that. Can't be using the head meant for processing information.

Quoting MsLogansMommy:

I know exactly what you mean and the only answer I can come up with is they arent really into the other child but want to put on a show for the mother so basically the other woman is more important than their own child smh I have given up trying to figure men out it gives me a headache

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
queensweet
by on Oct. 12, 2012 at 11:13 PM
I dont understand either. My son's father would not spend time with his son and would not watcch him on weekends 95% of the time for years. His famous line was " i got something to do" (When he did get him, I made him keep him by dodging his a$$ when he wanted to drop him off). but he wasnt too busy to get a gf, a wife and stepdaughter in those years. he helps take care of her kid and spends time with her but wont do the same for his own son. smdh. He also has a very nice truck & bought his wife a car. If it wasnt for the fact I wised up beforehand & decided to take him to cs instead of chasing him down every week to get money from him for his kid, I would not be getting anything from him to support our kid. sigh. It is what it is.
brieri
by Platinum Member on Oct. 12, 2012 at 11:14 PM

Quoting ShelliThunda:

No actually, Im the parent of his biological child he's doing absolutely nothing for

Quoting brieri:

Your saying then he's with some other woman and he's not doing anything for your daughter?   I still say  amazing. 

ShelliThunda
by on Oct. 12, 2012 at 11:17 PM
Yes,i can see the similarity of the behaviors in your statement. But there's is no understanding for me in why male,/female do this. Especially women because we are such emotional creatures and because of the instant bonds we have with our offspring..

Quoting Andrewsmom70:

Same reason some moms put their own wants/desires before the welfare of their kids- parading all sorts of sorry ass men in and out of the house and bedroom. Or picking drugs and/or alcohol and/or cigarettes over getting their kids what they NEED. Plain out selfishness.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
ShelliThunda
by on Oct. 12, 2012 at 11:22 PM
Yassss!! And I say if I see his a** in the street, Im gonna run him over..lol..joking. Have to find a happy place when speaking of him and his acts. What's even more amazing is that even though child support has all of his info,they claim he can't be found...Im like this is ridiculous

Quoting brieri:

Quoting ShelliThunda:

Quoting brieri:

Your saying then he's with some other woman and he's not doing anything for your daughter?   I still say  amazing. 

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
SnapIt
by Member on Oct. 12, 2012 at 11:22 PM
The only thing I always see in situations like this is him not getting along with the bio mother, because she wants to run things her way. Telling him what he should do and needs to do. So he tries to keep his distance because of frustration, but doesnt realize how its hurting his kid/s.

Those who get along never have this issue.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN