Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

ds first friend

Posted by on Oct. 12, 2012 at 11:35 PM
  • 2 Replies
So DS made a friend last year in 3 yr old preschool. He is still friends this year in pre-k. Friends mom got ahold of me tonight to set up a play date day with DS. So we figured out a day and stuff. DS is excited.

So talking with the mom (who also was a classmate of mine in high school) her sons dad only sees him once a month. And sounds like a complete dick (shock right??!! Lol)

So I am thinking that once the boys Ger accustomed to seeing each other out of school and want to stay good friends. Maybe staying sleep overs in the next year or so. My DS has taken an attachment to his friend. Which I think is good.

What do you all think? Friends mom is a single mom too. And never really knew anybody growing up that didn't have a dad. So this has been a new thing for her. (I personally grew up without one. And I turned out ok. Few hiccups but nothing major)

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Oct. 12, 2012 at 11:35 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-2):
Robsessed98
by on Oct. 12, 2012 at 11:50 PM
I had forgotten how exciting it is when they make their first friend. Sounds like you might have made a new one too. Hope all goes well.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
a06z08mama
by Member on Oct. 12, 2012 at 11:57 PM
I hope I can help her with maybe helping her son understand that life is ok with daddy not always around. And stuff. He doesn't understand why everybody else has daddy's all the time and not him. And she isn't sure how to answer him. So I hope I can help her out too.

Quoting Robsessed98:

I had forgotten how exciting it is when they make their first friend. Sounds like you might have made a new one too. Hope all goes well.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)