Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Single Moms Single Moms

Child Support?

Posted by on Oct. 13, 2012 at 12:01 AM
  • 5 Replies

Okay so i'm finally taking my daughters dad to court for child support. the thing is he is illegal and idk if he is telling me all this stuff to not make him pay child support or anything but he says that since he can't work in the u.s which i know he has a job  he said that his wife would be in charge of paying his child support since they are married. and since he is using a fake social security number that he will get 10- 15 years in prision for pretending to be someone else. also he said it would lead him being deported and all that. is the part his wife having to be in charge of paying his child support true?  or how would this work since he is illegal but has an i d of his real name and everything

by on Oct. 13, 2012 at 12:01 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
Robsessed98
by on Oct. 13, 2012 at 1:07 AM
If hes living here illegally and using a fake ss# theres a good chance of him eventually being deported. I dont have a clue how or if you can enforce child support in another country if he is deported. You need to contact an attorney to figure out what to do.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
amonkeymom
by Gold Member on Oct. 13, 2012 at 2:05 PM

I don't know about his wife being forced to pay, but if he knows he's in the country illegally and he's using someone else's social security number then yes, he could be deported or punished for pretending to be someone he's not, etc.

cnlsmommy
by on Oct. 13, 2012 at 2:08 PM
If they're married doesn't that basically make him a citizen? There may be some form to sign, but not much. And even if this is all true, he made his own bed and he can lay in it.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Mommytoralin
by on Oct. 13, 2012 at 2:14 PM

If he is married to a US citizen depending on how long he has been married than he would be in line to becoming a citizen or is already one you can become one by just marrying a US citizen.  However his wife would not have to take responsibility for the child support (at least not the state I live in) because it is not her responsibility she has no tie to your child. He may face deportion I doubt they send him to jail here maybe where he came from but not here because all they do is deport them, they don't normally let them stay.  Again I am making my conclusion off a friend who has a similar situation and thats the laws in the state we live in.  Hope that helps (:

maguilar
by on Oct. 14, 2012 at 6:20 PM
Even if he is married to a us citizen does not make him a citizen. He might not even be able to get a work permit. If he gets deported it is jail time for sure. He can still be respinsible for child support. Ask a lawyer you might have to do something diff.

Quoting Mommytoralin:

If he is married to a US citizen depending on how long he has been married than he would be in line to becoming a citizen or is already one you can become one by just marrying a US citizen.  However his wife would not have to take responsibility for the child support (at least not the state I live in) because it is not her responsibility she has no tie to your child. He may face deportion I doubt they send him to jail here maybe where he came from but not here because all they do is deport them, they don't normally let them stay.  Again I am making my conclusion off a friend who has a similar situation and thats the laws in the state we live in.  Hope that helps (:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)