Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Single Moms Single Moms

single mom needs advice n help

Posted by on Oct. 13, 2012 at 9:03 AM
  • 10 Replies
We r homeless living at my sisters me n 2 of my 4 kids nothing but a few clothes how do i get back on my feet help w housing car job all of it
by on Oct. 13, 2012 at 9:03 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
mamalynn639
by on Oct. 13, 2012 at 9:28 AM
2 moms liked this
Call your local social service office and they can get you info on housing assistance, medical and food assistance or they can give you a list of income based apartments in your town.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
amonkeymom
by Gold Member on Oct. 13, 2012 at 12:18 PM

I agree with this.  You might also check out food/clothing banks to see what is available as far as services go.

Quoting mamalynn639:

Call your local social service office and they can get you info on housing assistance, medical and food assistance or they can give you a list of income based apartments in your town.

sthflachk
by on Oct. 13, 2012 at 12:19 PM
1 mom liked this
What skills do you have? Will your sister watch your kids at night?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Mommytoralin
by on Oct. 13, 2012 at 1:13 PM

Go to DHS in your area they will help you in every way they can.  They pay daycare for me so I can have a job.  Also if they can't help in a lot of ways you can go to a Hope pregnancy center and tell them your situation they will also put you in programs that the state might not know about.

lov1nlif3
by on Oct. 13, 2012 at 4:15 PM
1 mom liked this

From someone that has been through it before...My advice would be FIRST for you to sit down and make a list of what YOU need to be self suffiicient and able to provide for your kids. List from most important and so on. Then take the first thing on your list (food/clothes for the kids?) and try to find state assistance or churches that may be able to help temporarily. Then I would definately find childcare assistance and start working...work anywhere...as long as you have income coming in. Once you have accomplished on of your goals...cross it off. The best advice I can give you is try to always look forward with the thought that YOU can do it...and you WILL do it. Good luck mama =)

cklamour
by on Oct. 13, 2012 at 4:17 PM
This, exactly!

It can be a rough start but so worth it at the end. Good luck Hun! ☺

Quoting lov1nlif3:

From someone that has been through it before...My advice would be FIRST for you to sit down and make a list of what YOU need to be self suffiicient and able to provide for your kids. List from most important and so on. Then take the first thing on your list (food/clothes for the kids?) and try to find state assistance or churches that may be able to help temporarily. Then I would definately find childcare assistance and start working...work anywhere...as long as you have income coming in. Once you have accomplished on of your goals...cross it off. The best advice I can give you is try to always look forward with the thought that YOU can do it...and you WILL do it. Good luck mama =)

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
LifeCafe42
by Nora on Oct. 13, 2012 at 4:29 PM
211 is a great resource
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
tthardesty
by on Oct. 14, 2012 at 10:33 AM
Thanks ive applied for food and medical at ss office will do the best i can and appling for college im a good cook housekeeper waitress good at comput er s bn stay at home most my life once had a cna
bamababe1975
by on Oct. 14, 2012 at 12:43 PM

This is a good idea!  Good luck!!

Quoting mamalynn639:

Love Giving Advice? Join Our Advice Squad!

easinpc
by Gold Member on Oct. 14, 2012 at 12:44 PM

Have you checked with social services or local churches in that area?

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN