Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Single Moms Single Moms

Daughter still is having a hard time.

Posted by on Oct. 13, 2012 at 10:58 AM
  • 24 Replies
My daughter is having a difficult time still with the whole not seeing her father. I thought she was getting better with the transition but then today she is upset and asking about her father. He doesn't call or visit and Kyleigh wants him there. She can't and I always have to explain to her that her daddy loves her but can't be with her right now. I don't know what else I should do for her, I try to distract her and that works ok for awhile then she starts getting worked up. It's getting tough on me seeing her upset. I just want her to know that even though her dad doesn't try I love her. She told me today that she doesn't want me to leave. I had to explain to her i wont leave I'll be right here.I try my best to make her feel better but to add to her being upset I am watching my sisters, they make me go nuts today.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Oct. 13, 2012 at 10:58 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
rvb146
by Member on Oct. 13, 2012 at 11:02 AM
Your doing all you can do. It really sucks that her father doesn't try enough but nobody can make him grow up. He has to do it himself. Just be open to your daughter. Tell her the truth and if she needs anyone to talk to then be open and let her talk. I think your doing a good job though. Your doing your best and your daughter will always love you for it. Her father is ruining it for himself but that doesn't mean that you and your daughter's relationship has to change.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
erinmomofone
by on Oct. 13, 2012 at 11:22 AM
I know I can't get him to try...wish I could for her. I feel so bad for because he doesn't make an effort.

Quoting rvb146:

Your doing all you can do. It really sucks that her father doesn't try enough but nobody can make him grow up. He has to do it himself. Just be open to your daughter. Tell her the truth and if she needs anyone to talk to then be open and let her talk. I think your doing a good job though. Your doing your best and your daughter will always love you for it. Her father is ruining it for himself but that doesn't mean that you and your daughter's relationship has to change.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
amonkeymom
by Gold Member on Oct. 13, 2012 at 2:11 PM

(((hug))) Can she call her dad?

erinmomofone
by on Oct. 13, 2012 at 2:18 PM
We have tried that.

Quoting amonkeymom:

(((hug))) Can she call her dad?

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
MommyAJ2921
by on Oct. 13, 2012 at 3:41 PM

Hey Sis...ok you tried calling..how did that go? I know its hard..michael is running around now calling out for mommy AND daddy...it hurts my heart to watch him wait for a response from his dad that I KNOW isn't coming. Whenever he calls for me I answer...so when he calls for "daddy" he stops and waits....its heartbreaking to me...I have and will continue to pray for you and Kyleigh. I keep telling and I'm GONNA keep telling you..you're a great mom and Ky is lucky to have you...it'll get better..just have to take it one day at a time. hugs

erinmomofone
by on Oct. 13, 2012 at 3:44 PM
Well there was no answer surprise there lol.... It breaks my heart when she wants him but knows he won't be there. Thank you!

Quoting MommyAJ2921:

Hey Sis...ok you tried calling..how did that go? I know its hard..michael is running around now calling out for mommy AND daddy...it hurts my heart to watch him wait for a response from his dad that I KNOW isn't coming. Whenever he calls for me I answer...so when he calls for "daddy" he stops and waits....its heartbreaking to me...I have and will continue to pray for you and Kyleigh. I keep telling and I'm GONNA keep telling you..you're a great mom and Ky is lucky to have you...it'll get better..just have to take it one day at a time. hugs

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
MommyAJ2921
by on Oct. 13, 2012 at 4:01 PM

Does he know the affect its having on Ky? If not tell him...cuz you KNOW I told my ex...

Quoting erinmomofone:

Well there was no answer surprise there lol.... It breaks my heart when she wants him but knows he won't be there. Thank you!

Quoting MommyAJ2921:

erinmomofone
by on Oct. 13, 2012 at 4:06 PM
I have tried calling/texting/emailing him how hurt she is but he's got a new family and I guess ky is not part of it.

Quoting MommyAJ2921:

Does he know the affect its having on Ky? If not tell him...cuz you KNOW I told my ex...

Quoting erinmomofone:

Quoting MommyAJ2921:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Robsessed98
by on Oct. 13, 2012 at 4:09 PM
Youve done all you can do. You just have to reassure her and continue being a good mom. In time she will accept things and adapt to life without him.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
erinmomofone
by on Oct. 13, 2012 at 4:11 PM
I hope so we just do our normal schedule.

Quoting Robsessed98:

Youve done all you can do. You just have to reassure her and continue being a good mom. In time she will accept things and adapt to life without him.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)