Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I give up!

Posted by on Oct. 13, 2012 at 12:42 PM
  • 10 Replies
Okay so... In the last 6-months I've dated two men. Both lasted about 1-month. Both ended with them telling me they are not ready for a relationship.

Back side on both men... Both had been in long term relationships with woman who had a child close to the same age as my daughter who is five. The first one met my daughter after a month of dating (bad choice) second one did not and was not going to meet my daughter for a while.

Bottom line is I've been single for a long time. I'm 28 and know I have sometime to have more kids, however I feel like my clock is ticking. I want to have more kids and a family. I've decided to just give up on looking for a man... The last guy I dated for a month I thought was a perfect man. Uggg I'm so frustrated! Any advice? I feel like the mor I try the harder it is!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Oct. 13, 2012 at 12:42 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
cllong102
by on Oct. 13, 2012 at 1:25 PM

Let love find you. It will fall in your lap when you are not expecting it.  In the meantime, spend all the time with your daughter they grow up fast.

amonkeymom
by Gold Member on Oct. 13, 2012 at 2:13 PM

Stop trying.  As another member said, it will happen when you don't expect it.  Instead focus on loving yourself, loving your daughter and enjoying life.

MommyAJ2921
by on Oct. 13, 2012 at 3:44 PM

Therein lies the problem...stop looking...love comes when you least expect it. TRUST me. It was my fear of being the lonely, crazy cat lady that had me marry a man I KNEW for a fact I didn't need to marry...worst 3.5 years of my life..the ONLY good things to come out of the marriage is my children. Its been a learning experience for sure. My advice? Stop looking...the longer it takes you to get comfortable in your own skin, being single the longer its gonna take for you to have a man in your life. Personally speaking....the 2 little men in my life suite me just fine right now. :)

LifeCafe42
by Nora on Oct. 13, 2012 at 4:33 PM
It'll happen when it does
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
michiganmom5150
by on Oct. 13, 2012 at 5:37 PM
1 mom liked this
Don't settle. I have been completely honest about everything with my bf. He has as well. He doesn't have kids, I have 2, he is ok with this. We have been together since August and he had not met them and it will be a few months yet, but I do talk about them and he knows they come first. He also knows I'm not looking for a dad for my kids. Don't come on too strong. Are you rushing things? Seem desperate? These things freak men out!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
otoole
by Bronze Member on Oct. 13, 2012 at 5:58 PM

when you give thats when things will happen :) good uck and enjoy life as it is and with your dd

raschwittay
by Member on Oct. 13, 2012 at 9:11 PM

I agree with the other posts. stop trying. pamper yourself and your child. Men are a bothersome sort anyway. lol

queensweet
by on Oct. 14, 2012 at 7:48 AM
1 mom liked this
Quoting MommyAJ2921:

Therein lies the problem...stop looking...love comes when you least expect it. TRUST me. It was my fear of being the lonely, crazy cat lady that had me marry a man I KNEW for a fact I didn't need to marry...worst 3.5 years of my life..the ONLY good things to come out of the marriage is my children. Its been a learning experience for sure. My advice? Stop looking...the longer it takes you to get comfortable in your own skin, being single the longer its gonna take for you to have a man in your life. Personally speaking....the 2 little men in my life suite me just fine right now. :)

lol. I thought about getting a few cats and maybe birds for company. Anyway, I agree. A woman is more attractive when she is able to stand on her own & with ease. She has to exude confidence in the way she walks, talks & deals with situations. When she comes off as needy & desperate, she usually gets treated as such.
Mommyto2LilMen
by Tina on Oct. 14, 2012 at 11:15 AM
Love will come when you least suspect it!!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
easinpc
by Gold Member on Oct. 14, 2012 at 12:55 PM

I agree with this!

Quoting amonkeymom:

Stop trying.  As another member said, it will happen when you don't expect it.  Instead focus on loving yourself, loving your daughter and enjoying life.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)