Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Single Moms Single Moms

Ugh!! Child Support frustration!!

Posted by on Oct. 13, 2012 at 2:24 PM
  • 21 Replies
Ok. So. BD was ordered to begin cs payments Aug 1st. And it's the usual order of child support, visitation, ect ect. Well, he has refused to pay and cs, pay me back for medical support since I carry the insurance, arrears, OR his share of out of pocket medical expenses and my son just had surgery and that shit adds up.

This is where the frustration begins...

The ag office has done very little as far as enforcement. They sent a couple collection letters (a joke) and there hasn't been IWO started, and they basically told me that "there is a process to follow"

Now, I understand there are many many many moms doing it without support and many more BDs who are a lot further behind than mine. I just don't get it tho. Everyone wants to make a few calls or send out a letter or something. How about somebody get off their ass and do something!

I really just don't get it. Before we even went to court I had already figured out all his info, just from google. What the hell are all our tax dollars paying for???????????
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Oct. 13, 2012 at 2:24 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
LauraMH
by Bronze Member on Oct. 13, 2012 at 2:39 PM
1 mom liked this

I feel the same way. My ex hasn't paid since February. He quit his job once they started to garnish his wages. Now he works for cash under the table and CSE won't do a thing about it. The say he has to go until Dec 19th without making any payments before they will do anything. WHAT!!! He hasn't paid since February and owes in excess of $7000! I gave them all the info they need, his address, his employer's info, all the necessary paperwork etc.. I just don't understand what the problem is.

But if we were to refuse visitation we would go to jail, explain that to me. The men want to do nothing but play with the kids, not support them in anyway. Mine won't pay any medical either. It's bs and it pisses me off.

Sorry for the rant, I just understand what you are feeling and don't understand why nothing is ever done about it.

EJs_Mama2k10
by on Oct. 13, 2012 at 2:47 PM
I overstand and feel your pain..my bd hasn't worked for 2 years..he finally got a part time job..I reported it to case worker..they said they would do wage order. I haven't seen payment since March 2012...he calls me yesterday and says my state did a stop order and they sent him 3 of his rcent payments back..like wtf?n
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Gina_C
by on Oct. 13, 2012 at 2:53 PM
It's insane. I talked to a lawyer, not that I could ever afford one, but just wanted to see what they would say. She told me that even if he just paid $10 every six months, they would view that as him making an attempt and they would never touch him. Our system is so broken. And the ones who suffer are the kids. The only reason we aren't on the streets is because my landlords are my parents. I make too much for any type of assistance but not enough to support my kid on my own.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Robsessed98
by on Oct. 13, 2012 at 3:14 PM
Yes, its extremely frustrating dealing with them. But look at how many hundreds of deadbeats they each have to deal with. They can only do so much. Eventually they will catch up with him and he will either pay up, lose his license and/or go to jail. Doesnt help pay the bills now, but theres some satisfaction in knowing he will eventually pay one way or another.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
happymommy1105
by Gold Member on Oct. 13, 2012 at 3:20 PM
you aren't the only case they handle. your case is brand new being it only started in Aug.

people like me have cases that are years old and yes they do get priority over new cases. when you consider my ex is hundreds of thousands behind.

it sucks but it is a process. and you jave to follow it just like everybody else.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Gina_C
by on Oct. 13, 2012 at 3:33 PM
Yes, I know this. I'm not implying I'm any different from all of you. I just don't understand what they do. What they physically do. I asked my caseworker and in 4 months they have sent out 2 letters. I mean, really?? That's the process? A couple of letters? No wonder they get away with not paying for so long. You can guarantee if it was the government they owed, it wouldn't be taking years...

Quoting happymommy1105:

you aren't the only case they handle. your case is brand new being it only started in Aug.

people like me have cases that are years old and yes they do get priority over new cases. when you consider my ex is hundreds of thousands behind.

it sucks but it is a process. and you jave to follow it just like everybody else.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
happymommy1105
by Gold Member on Oct. 13, 2012 at 3:55 PM
every state and situation is different.

my state won't continue to go after my ex cause he no longer lives here. he lives in a different state Soooooo...........

the state he lives in says its a matter for the state I live in to deal with.

Soooooo.

see what I am getting at. the laws are complicated and unclear.

I'm not saying its right. but its a broken system.

usually they have to be at least 6 months behind before they even senda letter. so you are already doing
better than most of us.

Quoting Gina_C:

Yes, I know this. I'm not implying I'm any different from all of you. I just don't understand what they do. What they physically do. I asked my caseworker and in 4 months they have sent out 2 letters. I mean, really?? That's the process? A couple of letters? No wonder they get away with not paying for so long. You can guarantee if it was the government they owed, it wouldn't be taking years...

Quoting happymommy1105:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
michiganmom5150
by on Oct. 13, 2012 at 4:06 PM
Here, you would get his tax refund.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Lisse_2006
by Member on Oct. 13, 2012 at 9:33 PM

Oh my sons father likes to talk like he is big and bad but doesnt want to pay a dime of nothing. My state has a warrent out on him and took his drivers license. I just found out where he is working and I sen that info in. So I hope that wil get the ball rolling. I have been dealing with this for 6 years and I have got one payment the whole time. He told me the other day that he was going to move out of the state. Smh... he never sees his son or calls him. 

andyroosmama
by on Oct. 14, 2012 at 3:29 AM

Hey, Ms. Lady!!!!!!!!! This is what they do... Once the judge signs the order, they will write an IWO within 7 working days, then mail one to his J-O-B... His J-O-B then has 45 days to complete the IWO, and send it back to the state. It can take another 30 days before any blood, oh, I mean money comes from the deadbeat turnip... If he is one of THOSE, and quits working once the IWO is sent back to the state, it can take another 90 days before they can reissue an IWO to the new employer... most deadbeat turnips know this, that's why they do it... And no worries sweetie, everything not paid since the order was signed and said to begin will grow 6% interest... and if it goes 6mos without payment, you can request to go back to court... but until then, all they can do is send out demand letters and make collection calls... unfortunately... I am in the same boat as you, except I get convenience payments with the CS and visitation just gives me enough sanity to function...

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)