Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Ugh!! Child Support frustration!!

Posted by   + Show Post
Ok. So. BD was ordered to begin cs payments Aug 1st. And it's the usual order of child support, visitation, ect ect. Well, he has refused to pay and cs, pay me back for medical support since I carry the insurance, arrears, OR his share of out of pocket medical expenses and my son just had surgery and that shit adds up.

This is where the frustration begins...

The ag office has done very little as far as enforcement. They sent a couple collection letters (a joke) and there hasn't been IWO started, and they basically told me that "there is a process to follow"

Now, I understand there are many many many moms doing it without support and many more BDs who are a lot further behind than mine. I just don't get it tho. Everyone wants to make a few calls or send out a letter or something. How about somebody get off their ass and do something!

I really just don't get it. Before we even went to court I had already figured out all his info, just from google. What the hell are all our tax dollars paying for???????????
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Oct. 13, 2012 at 2:24 PM
Replies (21-21):
andyroosmama
by on Oct. 16, 2012 at 9:12 PM

That's great! But the new employer has 45 days to send the IWO in to the state and then it can be another 2-3 weeks before the state processes it... but since they have the info, Judge Holmes won't play with his sorry butt...

Quoting Gina_C:

Good news. Called today and they did a search and he has a new employer so they sent out an IWO on the 10th. So hopefully should start seeing that soon. But he still has till COB tomorrow to pay the delinquent payments.

Little Mr is doing good. We are both a little under the weather right now but hanging in there :)

Quoting andyroosmama:

We are doing great, and how you and the little Mr? You do know that since he owns his own business, the AG will contact the IRS and intercept his tax return... and they can also file for a motion to seize the business... good luck, and BTW, if he is a no show on Wed, they will issue a warrant... you know Judge Holmes does not play! good luck

Quoting Gina_C:

Hey! How ya been??

Well, they have already done all this. Since he is owner of his business, he was supposed to submit the IWO himself and of course that didn't happen. He hasn't made any attempts to do anything. He has until this coming Wednesday to reply to the ag office then we go back to court. But who knows how long that will be....

How are you and the boys?

Quoting andyroosmama:

Hey, Ms. Lady!!!!!!!!! This is what they do... Once the judge signs the order, they will write an IWO within 7 working days, then mail one to his J-O-B... His J-O-B then has 45 days to complete the IWO, and send it back to the state. It can take another 30 days before any blood, oh, I mean money comes from the deadbeat turnip... If he is one of THOSE, and quits working once the IWO is sent back to the state, it can take another 90 days before they can reissue an IWO to the new employer... most deadbeat turnips know this, that's why they do it... And no worries sweetie, everything not paid since the order was signed and said to begin will grow 6% interest... and if it goes 6mos without payment, you can request to go back to court... but until then, all they can do is send out demand letters and make collection calls... unfortunately... I am in the same boat as you, except I get convenience payments with the CS and visitation just gives me enough sanity to function...

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)