Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Single Moms Single Moms

I filed for primary custody...

Posted by on Oct. 13, 2012 at 2:54 PM
  • 6 Replies

ughh!!!!! I'm so tired of everything, I just want this divorce to be OVER and move on!!!

I filed for primary custody last week, and now my ex's aunt is trying to get involved and told me to "sit down and think about what you're doing". Seriously? I just told her I wasn't happy with our current agreement, it was too hard and not healthy for the boys on my ex's part mostly. AND, there is two sides to every story she knows my ex's stories, but does she understand everything that the boys and I have been through? I bet you he left THAT stuff out.

So yeah, I filed for primary custody. I'm sorry, but it's confusing and waking up at 3 and 5 year old up at 6 in the morning to go sit at their aunts house until maybe 5 in the afternoon, get picked up *maybe* go home for a few hours, go to sleep at 9, and repeat the process is not healthy. I have a job where I don't have to be at work until 8:30, so they get to sleep and wake up on their own, I picked my days, so I take them to school and pick them up. I get to actually spend time with them and not drop them off. I don't get called out to work and I sure as hell don't have to call my ex at 11 at night to sit with the boys until 3 AM because I got called out to work. I know he want's to spend time with them, he's a great father but why can't he just see it for what it is? I just needed to vent....I don't understand how it's that hard.

by on Oct. 13, 2012 at 2:54 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
Robsessed98
by on Oct. 13, 2012 at 3:21 PM
Im a little confused. All you talked about is what works best for you and your schedule. You didnt include anything about when or if you want to let the father have his visitation time with his kids. Maybe I missed something?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
MommyAJ2921
by on Oct. 13, 2012 at 3:35 PM

*hugs*......Phew..girlllllllll I understand! Phew...I DO..divorce isn't final yet...we go to court on the 13th of next month to finalize....BEYOND ready! He's not doing much in the way of support and the like so I've lucked out in that area.

RhyneX2
by on Oct. 14, 2012 at 12:09 AM
I want him to see the boys, but it seems like during the week and when he's on call its just inconvenient for him or he passes then on to someone else. I filed for primary custody which is the standard, every other weekend. By now, I have done everything he has asked and I'm tired of it.

Quoting Robsessed98:

Im a little confused. All you talked about is what works best for you and your schedule. You didnt include anything about when or if you want to let the father have his visitation time with his kids. Maybe I missed something?

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
kagegirl
by on Oct. 14, 2012 at 7:49 AM
I know how you feel. My ex tried to hold up or divorce to 'mess with me'. Didn't work. I don't know what happens to men when we leave them, but they turn into these total assholes.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
strongerwtime
by Silver Member on Oct. 14, 2012 at 9:10 AM

you are doing the right thing...this schedule was convenient for no one but HIM and the aunt....no maam! He's gonna have to learn to roll with a new schedule...one that really benefits THE KIDS..this is clearly not it.

easinpc
by Gold Member on Oct. 14, 2012 at 1:09 PM
Hugs
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)