Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Single Moms Single Moms

Is it possible?

Posted by on Oct. 14, 2012 at 12:26 AM
  • 35 Replies

Hi. I'm Taylor. I'm 21 years old and I'm expecting my first child May 5th. I joined cafemom because I really want to talk to other moms about pregnancy and motherhood. I am really trying to be positive about this pregnancy, but it's hard. I am pregnant as a result of sexual assault. I am going through this pregnancy with my parents. I want to focus on the pregnancy and try to be positive because it's the only thing that is giving me a reason to live. But I'm terrified that he could possibly get custody. Is this possible? Has anyone gone through this?

by on Oct. 14, 2012 at 12:26 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Infinite1221
by on Oct. 14, 2012 at 12:27 AM

What state do you live in?

parisonmom
by on Oct. 14, 2012 at 12:28 AM
He? The guy who sexually assaulted you? Did you press charges? I highly doubt he will get custody but half custody
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mrsary
by Silver Member on Oct. 14, 2012 at 12:29 AM
I don't think anything is positive about having kids so won't comment on that part.
I haven't been through what u r going through but some in this group may have!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
MommyT.T.
by on Oct. 14, 2012 at 12:30 AM

Right now I'm in school in NY but my permanent address is in VA. I will be moving back in December.

Quoting Infinite1221:

Momniscient
by Member on Oct. 14, 2012 at 12:32 AM

Did you press charges? Do you have a lawyer?

You could contact your local family court and ask for their legal aid. They can give free advice on where (or if) you need to seek further legal counsel. It may be a good idea just to ease your mind.

Infinite1221
by on Oct. 14, 2012 at 12:34 AM

He can get custody then if he wants it.  It won't be full custody though.  Did you press charges?

Quoting MommyT.T.:

Right now I'm in school in NY but my permanent address is in VA. I will be moving back in December.

Quoting Infinite1221:

Infinite1221
by on Oct. 14, 2012 at 12:35 AM

You don't think anything is positive about having kids?  What?

Quoting mrsary:

I don't think anything is positive about having kids so won't comment on that part.
I haven't been through what u r going through but some in this group may have!

MommyT.T.
by on Oct. 14, 2012 at 12:36 AM

I didn't press charges. I've been thinking about it. My parents are encouraging me to but I haven't. Thank you for your answer. 

Quoting Momniscient:

You could contact your local family court and ask for their legal aid. They can give free advice on where (or if) you need to seek further legal counsel. It may be a good idea just to ease your mind.

Momniscient
by Member on Oct. 14, 2012 at 12:38 AM

Good luck. I'm so sorry for the circumstances and hope you find peace.

Quoting MommyT.T.:

I didn't press charges. I've been thinking about it. My parents are encouraging me to but I haven't. Thank you for your answer. 

Quoting Momniscient:

Lunarprancer
by Bronze Member on Oct. 14, 2012 at 12:39 AM
Quoting Infinite1221:

Um

With light and love

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN